Where is the apex of the hip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the apex of the hip?

Picture of the bottom of my squat attached. Looks a little high to me but where would you put the top of the hip joint?
    Attached Files

It would be a little easier to tell where the hip joint/crease is if that red line wasn't there. However, unless you're wearing a singlet or some tight spandex, the precise location of your hip crease can be a little difficult to identify, especially when you're wearing dark colored material like you are. Also, if the red line is affecting me that much, I'd imagine you drew it pretty close to the right spot.

Regardless - yeah, I agree that this squat looks just a bit high, but nothing egregious. Depending on how it looks from the other side and the front, I could see this possibly getting two whites at a meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate B View Post
      It would be a little easier to tell where the hip joint/crease is if that red line wasn't there. However, unless you're wearing a singlet or some tight spandex, the precise location of your hip crease can be a little difficult to identify, especially when you're wearing dark colored material like you are. Also, if the red line is affecting me that much, I'd imagine you drew it pretty close to the right spot.

Regardless - yeah, I agree that this squat looks just a bit high, but nothing egregious. Depending on how it looks from the other side and the front, I could see this possibly getting two whites at a meet.
      Thank you for the feed back. I uploaded a pic without the red line should you care to look.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that helps. I drew a blue dot at the top of your knee and a red dot at where I think your hip crease is. I've always taken the definition of "apex" literally when identifying the "apex of the hip crease," so I marked where the two creases in your shorts near your hip come to a point/apex. I feel like I interpret this a little more strict than some people, though, but it essentially guarantees that you're going deep enough by any judge's standards.

So, based on these two dots, you look to be about an inch high. Shouldn't be too difficult to adjust and I honestly don't see it affecting your strength all that much.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X