Getting Back into Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Back into Training

Due to health issues, which have been sorted out, I have not trained since the summer of 2019. I have lost much of my muscle mass and now am over weight. Previous to this I was 180lbs and in fairly good shape. I would like return to training but am not sure where to begin, I am about 215lbs right now. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I broke my foot last year and was down for 8 weeks. I bought the beginner template and ran it as is. It took me about 6-7 weeks to get my strength back to where it was before the break and by the end I was back at my all time PRs. Would recommend it. If you are looking to lean out, do it at a slight deficit.

Comment

True. I guess I could run the strength template and then mini bulk then run the endurance temp. And continue from there...

Comment

If it's any consolation it seems unlikely you lost muscle mass just from not training while gaining weight.

Comment

could you explain? I’ve lost strength which will come back and I’ve lost most of my muscular definition if not all...

Comment

You probably gained a lot of fat but that doesn't mean the muscle went anywhere.

Comment

Working...
            X