X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMF123
    replied
    Originally posted by Sevo View Post
    I was just wondering if you guys think if greasing the groove is an effective way to get good at a particular exercise?
    Only the total amount of volume you do would be the most important factor to get better and stronger at an exercise.

Leave a comment:

• Smokes
    replied
    It depends on what your other goals are. If the only thing that matters to you strength/conditioning wise is to get better at pullups, then sure, do lots of pull ups. The two things I'd do on this path is to do a variety of types of pulls up (double underhand, wide grip, neutral grip, added weight, do them with a band so you can do more, etc.) and always keep 2 or so reps in reserve (i.e. if your max is 10 pull ups for a given set, do no more than 8). Then I'd do a number of sets several times a week.

Leave a comment:

• Sevo
    started a topic Greasing the groove

Greasing the groove

I was just wondering if you guys think if greasing the groove (i.e relatively low RPE sets multiple times a day with very long rest times, multiple times a week) is an effective way to get good at a particular exercise? I really just want to increase my chin-up count, and recently bought a pull up bar, so I thought this could be a pretty effective way to get stronger. If so, I was also wondering what you guys would consider the best way of going about it? Some say to just do a set whenever you feel like it, others put timers on for an hour or more between sets, etc. Thank you!
Working...
X