Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get liability insurance covering training clients in garage gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get liability insurance covering training clients in garage gym?

Wondering if anyone has any experience with obtaining (or trying to obtain) liability insurance covering training of clients in our garage gym. Would appreciate any tips you have. Thanks!

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well. We have a basement gym that I’d like to do a bit of a side gig of training people out of. I’ve contacted a few companies that said they didn’t have or see a market for covering training out of home gyms. I’ve always wondered what people do that have home gyms they train people out of. Answer seems elusive. I looked into getting a CSCS for the marketability and maybe their insurance, but from what I could tell it only covers you if you work in a commercial gym type setting as it won’t if you work in a facility you personally own, rent, etc which is not useful.

Comment

Not claiming to have an answer per say but I think that the general liability insurance should extend at least in part to your garage gym setting. I just started working for a company that has me training people in their homes and it obviously covers that but not sure how actually owning the space might change things. I'd be curious if your home owners insurance might have some answers.

Comment

I spoke with my homeowners a while back and they cover what they consider “body sculpting” which involves light weights but they do not cover “body building”-anything involving heavy weights

Comment

Working...
        X