Volume & Recovery in Aging Lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume & Recovery in Aging Lifters

Came across this video today. Seems as if the Rippetoe/Sully theory that volume is bad if you're over 40 continues to seep into the training-world zeitgeist. Obviously I think a lot of volume at maximal weights is unnecessary and likely to lead to connective tissue issues like tendinitis etc. but I think that increased volume at submaximal loads is the key to getting stronger outside of the novice phase. At least that's the theory Im going with for now.
    Last edited by JurisSquatter; 03-22-2018, 04:03 AM.
    Training Log

Honestly mate, Blaha is the biggest running joke, pathological liar and oxygen thief on YT. Nobody takes a word he says seriously. Look up his form if you have time to waste.
    I'll bet you wont be able to delete his video from your post fast enough.

Comment

I only have a little more than a year of lifting behind me, so my experience is limited and focused only on myself. However, I will say that I just finished a cycle of a few months where I increased the volume quite a bit, with reduced intensity. I found that I was pretty tired the first couple of weeks, but adapted after that. During this period I made some very good Gainzzz and did not get injured or feel like I was over trained.

Comment

Working...
      X