X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squat 265x5x3
    press 160x5x3
    chin 6/5/5

Press ties a 3x5 PR, and I haven't been there for ~4 years. Got an extra chin; nice to see progress there. Squat is still feeling fine; I don't expect a grind until 275 at least.

Comment

Airdyne :20/:20/:20

That's all I could get. Had planned to do the C2 in the campus gym, but ended up having to do it at home, where I have the Airdyne. It's just too much. I'd need months of prep on the rower or Prowler before I could do 8 solid intervals on the bike.

Comment

bench 207.5 x 5 x 3
        light squat 210x5x2
        pullup 6/5/5

Comment

squat 270x5x3
          press 162.5 (5/4/4/2)

Pushing deadlift to Wednesday. Squat was no problem. Although I didn't get 3 sets, the first press set was a 5-rep PR.

Comment

deadlift 370x5
            bench 210 (5/5/4/1)

Last two reps of DL were a grind, and I probably took 10-15 seconds between, so not clear that this was truly a 'set'. Not sure why it has been so difficult, other than that is has been many years since I was pulling these weights. Was a bit surprised to get first two sets of bench, because my warmups felt terrible.

Comment

rower 8x

Brand-new, perfect condition C2 in the West Campus fitness center. Happy to have gone all 8 rounds. Doing it on an off-day helps a lot. Resistance set to 8. Splits were around 1:20 at the beginning, and closer to 1:30 by the end.

Comment

press 162.5 (4/5/4/2)
                squat 275x5x3
                pullup 5/5/5

I'm being a little generous with the pullups --- probably more like 4.5 per set. Same result as last time on press, although 5 in the middle set. Probably wasn't fully warmed up for the first. Weirdly, my third squat set was the most explosive. If today is any indication, 280 shouldn't be difficult.

Comment

squat 280x5x3
                  bench 210 (5/4/4/2)
                  chin 7/6/5

Bench is slipping, as I expected. Squat was no problem, and again, the third set felt the most powerful. Usually it's the second, so not sure what that's about.

39.25"

Comment

rower 8x

These are 0:20 on, 1:40 off, btw. Splits in the first 3 rounds were under 1:20, with a low of 1:17. By the final rounds, more like 1:23-1:25.

Comment

squat 285x5x3

Had surgery last week, so skipped two workouts. No upper body until Wednesday, doc's orders.

Comment

light squat 225x5x2
                        bench 210 (3/2/3/2/2/2/1)

First upper body work in a week.

Comment

squat 290x5x3
                          press 162.5 (4/4/4/3)
                          deadlift 375 (1/1/1)

Squat was fine. Feeling heavy, but not a grind yet. Was a little surprised that press even went that well, given the break. Deadlift was a mistake. I need a serious deload there. Could have done 5 (these were singles maybe 10-15s apart), but had the slightest little tweak at the top, in extension (which is dangerous territory). Feels fine now; we'll see about tomorrow. It's the one lift I really hate doing in the apartment, because I feel I have to set the bar down so gingerly.

Comment

squat 295x5x3
                            bench 210 (3/2/3/3/2/2)
                            RDL 155x10x3
                            chin 6/5/5

Comment

rower 8x

Will do both Tues and Thurs here on out.

39”

Comment

light squat 235x5x2
                                press 162.5 (5/4/3/3)
                                pullup 5/5/5

Comment

Working...
                                X