Crockett's BM Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rower 8x

Wrists felt trashed today for some reason.

Comment

squat 300x5x3
      bench deload 205 (4/5/4/2)
      deadlift deload 345x5

Despite the considerable deload, deadlift still gave me some trouble. I've started to second-guess my form. Deadlift used to be my most confident lift, one that made progress even when I went weeks without pulling. And getting to 405x5 wasn't too difficult. Now I'm struggling at much lower weights. I attribute it partly to the fact that I stopped training the lift for long periods in the past 4 years. Maybe it just needs more burn-in time. Not sure what I'll do next time. Maybe the same weight. Would also help to put it on a day where I'm not squatting. Bench deload didn't really work, but I'll redo the weight next time. I'm leery of over-deloading while on a cut.

Comment

squat 305x5x3
        press 162.5 (4/3/3)
        pullup 6/6/5
        RDL 155x10x3

Pasta is a terrible pre-workout food. I've never felt so drained on a high-carb day. Little bit of grind on some squat reps. I've decided that for bench and OHP, I'll no longer add extra reps to get to 15. And both need a deload. I added a second HIIT day, and lost 5 lbs. this week as a result. The increased loss rate means the upper body will suffer, and I expect the rate to persist for at least a couple more weeks. In any case, you just have to accept regress during a long cut. I'm in my 10th week with a long road ahead.

38.25"

Comment

rower 8x

Splits were in the 1:25 range. My training load (plus the cut) is trashing my legs; feeling much less fresh than when I first added the rower in. On an up note, did determine that I can deadlift at the West Campus fitness center, where I row. They have a legit oly bar (I even weighed it) and enough bumper weight for 405 at least, which works for me (it certainly won't go above that during this cut). No signs that prohibit chalk. Will probably bring my little deadlift jack, too.

Comment

light squat 245x5x2
            deload bench 190x5x3
            chin 7/7/6

Comment

squat 310x5x3
              deload press 145x5x3
              Airdyne 8x

Wasn't going full tilt on the bike, because if I do, I can't get 8 rounds in. Judging by my fatigue at the end, the intensity was rower-level, which is what I was shooting for. Squat felt better than 305. Three plates seems doable, but we'll see how trashed my legs are Monday.

Comment

squat 315x5x3
                deload bench 195x5x3
                chin 7/7/6
                RDL 160x10x3

Squat matches 3x5 PR. Not really a terrible grind, tbh.

Comment

rower 8x

Brought the splits down a bit. 1:21-1:23 for most.

Comment

light squat 250x5x2
                    deload press 147.5 x 5 x 3
                    pullup 6/6/5

Brutal sore throat today; expecting a cold now.

Comment

close grip bench 185x5x3
                      power clean 185x3x2
                      deload deadlift 315x5
                      rower 8x

Big deadlift deload. Done without belt, double-overhand grip. God I love pulling without a belt. Just ordered a 3" from Dean to see if that helps. In the meantime, I think I'll try to keep it beltless. Not sure what I'll end up doing with power clean. 185 felt heavy, which sucks. It shouldn't. Took a sick day yesterday, but will finish the week without missing anything. Cold never seemed to set in after the sore throat.

Comment

squat 320x5x3 PR
                        press 150x5x3
                        pullup 6/5/5
                        RDL 155x10x3

3x5 squat PR. Pretty happy this was possible 11 weeks into a cut. Will be out of town for a week starting tomorrow, and though I will have access to a gym, will reduce the intensity and try to work out some accumulated trashing of my back. I wouldn't say it's injured exactly, but maybe close to that. I get some sharp pangs in certain positions. No radiculopathy, so I'm sure it's just muscular, but back pangs are always scary.

37.75"

Comment

light squat 255x5x3
                          deload bench 200x5x3
                          rower 8x

Comment

deadlift 320x5
                            press 155x5x3
                            rower 8x

Each press set power cleaned into position, because no racks were available. Deadlift in Converse, no belt, no chalk, DOH.

Comment

bench 205 (5/5/4/1)
                              deload squat 275x5x3
                              RDL 155x10x3

Squat isn't exactly in a deload. I'm not sure where it should go right now. Squats done in Converse with no belt. I would have benched 202.5 today but no micro plates available.

37.5"

Comment

pullup 8/7/6

Skipped light day basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X