Clear All

rower 8x

Felt refreshed today.

Comment

press 155x5x3
      power clean 185x3x2
      deadlift 325x5
      rower 8x

Press sets were power-cleaned into position. Deadlift was beltless, DOH. Nearing the limit of my grip at this point; may need to switch to mixed grip for the final rep next time. Power cleans felt easier than last time. Rowing after all that back work sucks. Next week back to rowing only on non-lifting days.

Comment

squat 308x5, 325 (4/1), 292.5 x 5
        bench 202.5 (5/5/3/2)
        chin 8/7/7
        RDL 185x5x3

Switching to a single 'top' set of squat, preceded by a 'priming' set at 95% and followed by a backoff set at 90%. Did this 5 years ago with some success; goal is to cut volume back a bit while keeping intensity high. Pussed out on the 5th rep at 325. Fourth rep was so difficult that I worried I might do something dumb and break form. Lifting on a cut definitely saps your courage. Bench sucked. Don't know why that third set tanked. Trying something new with RDLs. Upped the weight and will gradually try to increase volume to become a volume stimulus for Friday intensity, where I'll switch weeks between DL and PC. We'll see.

Comment

rower 8x

Bit sore today.

Comment

light squat 255x5x3 (no belt)
            press 157.5 x 3 x 3
            pullup 7/6/6

Underslept today, and only had eaten half of my daily carb budget (bad idea). Squat was difficult, press was a disaster and turned into a set of triples.

Comment

rower 8x

Kept splits under 1:24.

Comment

deadlift 330x5
                bench 205 (5/5/4)

Deadlift was beltless, DOH, except final rep I had to use mixed grip. A 3" belt from Dean Best is on the way now, and I'll probably start using it right away. Struggled to get final bench rep, but couldn't. The upper body decline continues as I get deeper into the cut.

Comment

squat 308x5, 325x3, 295x5
                  press 155x4x3
                  chin 9/8/7
                  RDL 195x5x3

Could only get 3 on the top set of squats. Well, didn't even attempt the 4th, but felt completely gassed. Didn't eat much before lifting. Getting close to 10 chins in a set, and that's at the end of the workout, so was happy about that. But it's bc I'm getting lighter, not stronger. Dropped the weight down to 155 for press, but still couldn't get 5.

37.0"

Comment

bench 205 (5/4/2)
                    light squat 255x5x2
                    pullup 8/7/6

Felt drained today. Ate very little to make up for holiday eating.

Comment

rower 8x

Learning to strike a balance between stroke length and sped. If I go too fast, my strokes get shorter and my splits go up. But if I try to maximize each stroke, I'm not going fast enough and my splits go up. Kept splits around 1:20-1:22 most of the time.

Comment

press 155x5x3
                        power clean 185x3x5

Press sets were cleaned into position. By the third pc set, things felt a lot easier, so probably wasn't warmed up enough at the start. 185 didn't feel all that bad today in general. Will increase next time.

Comment

rower 8x

Pushed the resistance up a tiny bit, from 8 to maybe 8.5 or so. It helped me lower the splits a tiny bit, and I was pretty consistently hitting 1:19 early on.

Comment

squat 304x5, 320x5, 288x5
                            bench 205x2, 195x5x3
                            chin 9/8/6
                            RDL 205x5x3

Had only eaten once before squatting, at 11:00p. Considered 315 for top set, but glad I went for 320. Was gassed after that, and 205 bench wasn't happening.

36.5625"

One year ago, I was 260 lbs. with a 44.5" waist.

Comment

light squat 255x5x2
                              press 160x3x3
                              pullup 7/7/7

Comment

rower 8x

Low energy today because I hadn’t eaten enough carbs yet. But pushed hard to keep the splits low.

Comment

Working...
                                X