• Show
Clear All

• squat 295x5x3
    bench 195x4x3

Fucking bench.

Comment

• press 150x5x3
      deadlift 345x5

Press sets were power cleaned into position. Deadlift was shoes, belt, DOH for first 3 reps, then mixed grip.

Comment

• squat 300x5x3
        bench 195x5x3

Comment

• press 155x5x3
          deadlift 350x5

Press sets power cleaned into position. Deadlift was belt, shoes, DOH for first four, then mixed grip.

Comment

• squat 305x5x3
            bench 197.5 (5/5/4)

Final bench set, third rep, really lost my form and had to expend a lot of energy to correct. Without that slip, I probably would've had it. Squat was heavy but not quite a grind. Final rep on each set was getting close to a grind though.

Comment

• press 160 (5/4/3)
              deadlift 355x5

Press sets cleaned into position. Deadlift was DOH first 4 reps. Had eaten too close to lifting and had bad reflux.

Comment

• deadlift 355x5

4 DOH, 1 mixed

Comment

• Ran today. The route is about 3 1/2 miles, maybe a bit more. Forgot to check the clock right away when I got back, but it was about 40 minutes. So, pretty slow. I walked a lot.

Comment

• bench 185 (4/5/5)
                power clean and front squat 185 (2/1/1/1/3/4/3)

First day lifting in a few weeks. Didn't warm up enough before the first set of bench. 185 felt heavier than I had expected. For the time being, I'm not back squatting, because I've put away my gear back at the house, and the gym at work does not have a squat rack. But I want to do some kind of squat, so I'm exploring whether cleaned front squats will work. Power cleaning 185 was tougher than it should've been. My max power clean is something like 220, and I was hoping I could get more than 185, so that I'd have a heavy enough weight to front squat. But I was surprised at how difficult front squatting even 185 was. When you've only ever back squatted, the sudden inability to use hip drive makes for a pretty humbling experience. In any case, I'm not sure whether that strategy will work. My intention is to focus on deadlift as the primary lift for now; it remains to be seen whether front squats can be a useful addition to that.

Comment

• deadlift 335x5

Deadlift was beltless, unshod, DOH 4 / MG 1

Comment

• press 145x5x3
                    rower 5x

Press sets were power cleaned into position. Didn't have my lifting shoes and felt a bit off balance. Rower splits were around 1:24; this was the first rowing workout in a long while.

Comment

• bench 190 (5/4/3)
                      power clean 190x3x5

Triceps felt underrecovered from press on Thursday. Also took a short run on West Campus, but I'm not really logging that here.

Comment

• press 150x5x3
                        deadlift 345x5
                        rower 6x

Press sets were cleaned into position. Deadlift was belted, shod, and DOH 3 MG 2. I made a first attempt at a fifth rep, and had a kind of false start, so I re-positioned myself and tried again. Plan for the rower is to do 7 rounds next time, and 8 thereafter.

Comment

• bench 190 (4/4/3)
                          rower 7x

Lifted fasted at like 7:00p, so didn't have any gas in the tank.

Comment

• squat 225x5x3
                            pullups (9/8/7)

First back squats in 2 months. I had been hoping they'd put a real squat stand in the gym at work (they have a smith machine), but looks like it's not going to happen. So I'll start squatting at home again. 225 didn't feel heavy, but I did feel a little out of form. Also took a 4 mile run right after, and my legs were trashed.

Comment

• Paul Birchwood
                              Paul Birchwood commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bummer about the gym at work. Not like they can't afford it. Haha. Good to see you squatting again.
                          Working...
                          X