Austin's Log: Gettin' Hyooge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/12

Deadlift: 535 x 4, 590 x 4, 625 x 4, 535 x 5, 535 x 5. Top set was a PR, but last rep tore a callus and started slipping out of my hands at lockout. I think the strain of that rep also irritated my elbow a bit. Regardless, really bringing 700 into my sights soon!

Beltless squat w/ mini bands: 385 x 7, 405 x 7, mis-loaded 440 x 7 and did it anyway, 430 x 7
    IG / YT

Comment

• Why no singles on your comp DL?

Comment

• I'll be doing some singles soon, but last time I switched to singles with larger % back-offs (a few weeks back), my DL started backsliding (from 600 x 5 @ 8.5 to 625 x 1 @ 9 over the course of a couple weeks ... not good). Things bounced back immediately when I went back to the these sort ramping sets, so it seems my DL may like a slightly higher average intensity across the worksets. Meanwhile, my squat has done well with both styles.
        IG / YT

Comment

• Thursday

been sick this week and sleeping poorly

Squat w/ 60 lb chains: up to 520/580 x 1, 430/490 x 4, 450/510 x 4, 470/530 x 4, 460/520 x 4

Paused FB bench: 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 345 x 3 x 3 sets

Friday

1.5” deficit DL (beltless): 585 x 1, 475 x 4, 495 x 4, 515 x 4, 495 x 4

Light Paused FB bench: 225 x 8 x 5 sets
          IG / YT

Comment

• 6/18

Squat: 590 x 1, 610 x 1 (a hair higher than I'd like), 530 x 3 x 2 sets, 485 x 5 x 3 sets

Paused FB Bar bench: 365 x 1, 390 x 1, 400 x 1 @ 10, 320 x 4 x 5 sets
            IG / YT

Comment

• 6/19

Deadlift: 515 x 4, 585 x 4, 630 x 4 (top set w/ straps), 540 x 5, 540 x 5. Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOKTFxn_hV/

Beltless squat w/ mini bands: 405 x 7, 415 x 7, 435 x 7, 435 x 7
              IG / YT

Comment

• 6/21

Lots of fatigue today.

Beltless Squat w/ 60 lb chains: up to 525/585 x 1, 430/490 x 4, 440/500 x 4, 450/510 x 4, 430/490 x 4

FB Bench 275 x 3, 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 295 x 3 x 3 sets, bit of prox. biceps tendon pain on the left here

IG / YT

Comment

• 6/22

Even more fatigue today.

Beltless Deficit DL: 455 x 1 @ 9 (yes, really. 455 for a single moved like a 9. I'm tired, ok?), 315 x 4 x 3 sets.

Some light benching

6 weeks of accumulation ... probably time for a low stress week when your deficit DL single drops from 585 to 455 in a week, lol
                  IG / YT

Comment

• 6/25

Squat: 620 x 1 (PR), 515 x 3 https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdwWBGH...arbellmedicine

FB Bench (paused): 385 x 1, 305 x 5 x 4 sets
                    IG / YT

Comment

• 6/26

had a bad experience getting a sleep study last night ... didn't really sleep. felt pretty bad all day today.

deadlift; up to 585 x 1, passed out after this rep and stopped

FB bar bench: up to 355 x 2

beltless squat: up to 365 x 5 x 2

should be better later this week
                      IG / YT

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
                        6/26

had a bad experience getting a sleep study last night ... didn't really sleep. felt pretty bad all day today.

deadlift; up to 585 x 1, passed out after this rep and stopped
                        Jesus, dude. Were you able to get on the ground before you passed out?

Comment

• I got a recommendation to get a sleep study done and I'm skeptical about what someone can draw from watching me not sleep. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Was your target an RPE 8 for the PR squat? If so, do you just overshoot the RPE if you're feeling it on a single if you think you got a PR in the tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Hahn View Post
                              Jesus, dude. Were you able to get on the ground before you passed out?
                              I ended up leaned over the side of the power rack and kinda went limp for a few seconds while blacked out.

Originally posted by bickford View Post
                              I got a recommendation to get a sleep study done and I'm skeptical about what someone can draw from watching me not sleep. We'll see how it goes.
                              Yeah ... I don't think the data they got on me is going to be particularly useful.

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                              Was your target an RPE 8 for the PR squat? If so, do you just overshoot the RPE if you're feeling it on a single if you think you got a PR in the tank?
                              Not exactly. I only hit the overshoot single because it was a low stress week, and because 590 moved the fastest it's ever moved for me (shown in one of the videos). So I knew 620-625 was there, and since I wasn't doing much additional squatting volume (just one set after), it wouldn't cause much of a problem in the big picture. I had a feeling I'd be good for it coming into the session and mentally prepared accordingly.
                              IG / YT

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
                                Yeah ... I don't think the data they got on me is going to be particularly useful.
                                Usually they need about 5 hours of sleep to get reliable data.
                                Sometimes its difficult fall asleep with all the wires etc attached to your head and limbs.
                                I hope they don't find anything serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X