Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no singles on your comp DL?

Comment

• I'll be doing some singles soon, but last time I switched to singles with larger % back-offs (a few weeks back), my DL started backsliding (from 600 x 5 @ 8.5 to 625 x 1 @ 9 over the course of a couple weeks ... not good). Things bounced back immediately when I went back to the these sort ramping sets, so it seems my DL may like a slightly higher average intensity across the worksets. Meanwhile, my squat has done well with both styles.
      IG / YT

Comment

• Thursday

been sick this week and sleeping poorly

Squat w/ 60 lb chains: up to 520/580 x 1, 430/490 x 4, 450/510 x 4, 470/530 x 4, 460/520 x 4

Paused FB bench: 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 345 x 3 x 3 sets

Friday

1.5” deficit DL (beltless): 585 x 1, 475 x 4, 495 x 4, 515 x 4, 495 x 4

Light Paused FB bench: 225 x 8 x 5 sets
        IG / YT

Comment

• 6/18

Squat: 590 x 1, 610 x 1 (a hair higher than I'd like), 530 x 3 x 2 sets, 485 x 5 x 3 sets

Paused FB Bar bench: 365 x 1, 390 x 1, 400 x 1 @ 10, 320 x 4 x 5 sets
          IG / YT

Comment

• 6/19

Deadlift: 515 x 4, 585 x 4, 630 x 4 (top set w/ straps), 540 x 5, 540 x 5. Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOKTFxn_hV/

Beltless squat w/ mini bands: 405 x 7, 415 x 7, 435 x 7, 435 x 7
            IG / YT

Comment

• 6/21

Lots of fatigue today.

Beltless Squat w/ 60 lb chains: up to 525/585 x 1, 430/490 x 4, 440/500 x 4, 450/510 x 4, 430/490 x 4

FB Bench 275 x 3, 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 295 x 3 x 3 sets, bit of prox. biceps tendon pain on the left here

IG / YT

Comment

• 6/22

Even more fatigue today.

Beltless Deficit DL: 455 x 1 @ 9 (yes, really. 455 for a single moved like a 9. I'm tired, ok?), 315 x 4 x 3 sets.

Some light benching

6 weeks of accumulation ... probably time for a low stress week when your deficit DL single drops from 585 to 455 in a week, lol
                IG / YT

Comment

• 6/25

Squat: 620 x 1 (PR), 515 x 3 https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdwWBGH...arbellmedicine

FB Bench (paused): 385 x 1, 305 x 5 x 4 sets
                  IG / YT

Comment

• 6/26

had a bad experience getting a sleep study last night ... didn't really sleep. felt pretty bad all day today.

deadlift; up to 585 x 1, passed out after this rep and stopped

FB bar bench: up to 355 x 2

beltless squat: up to 365 x 5 x 2

should be better later this week
                    IG / YT

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
                      6/26

had a bad experience getting a sleep study last night ... didn't really sleep. felt pretty bad all day today.

deadlift; up to 585 x 1, passed out after this rep and stopped
                      Jesus, dude. Were you able to get on the ground before you passed out?

Comment

• I got a recommendation to get a sleep study done and I'm skeptical about what someone can draw from watching me not sleep. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Was your target an RPE 8 for the PR squat? If so, do you just overshoot the RPE if you're feeling it on a single if you think you got a PR in the tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Hahn View Post
                            Jesus, dude. Were you able to get on the ground before you passed out?
                            I ended up leaned over the side of the power rack and kinda went limp for a few seconds while blacked out.

Originally posted by bickford View Post
                            I got a recommendation to get a sleep study done and I'm skeptical about what someone can draw from watching me not sleep. We'll see how it goes.
                            Yeah ... I don't think the data they got on me is going to be particularly useful.

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                            Was your target an RPE 8 for the PR squat? If so, do you just overshoot the RPE if you're feeling it on a single if you think you got a PR in the tank?
                            Not exactly. I only hit the overshoot single because it was a low stress week, and because 590 moved the fastest it's ever moved for me (shown in one of the videos). So I knew 620-625 was there, and since I wasn't doing much additional squatting volume (just one set after), it wouldn't cause much of a problem in the big picture. I had a feeling I'd be good for it coming into the session and mentally prepared accordingly.
                            IG / YT

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin Baraki View Post
                              Yeah ... I don't think the data they got on me is going to be particularly useful.
                              Usually they need about 5 hours of sleep to get reliable data.
                              Sometimes its difficult fall asleep with all the wires etc attached to your head and limbs.
                              I hope they don't find anything serious.

Comment

• Wrapping up low stress week
                                6/28
                                3-1-0 Tempo Squat: up to 405 x 5
                                FB Bench: up to 315 x 3 x 2 sets

6/29
                                DL: up to 495 x 5
                                Some light benching

New week

7/2

Took a weekend trip to Austin, which was fun ... but didn't eat enough. Underweight now (woke up around 198)
                                Dropped into Heavy Metal Fitness in SATX. Cool gym, though the equipment isn't the best.

Squat: up to 600 x 1, 465 x 5 x 6 sets

FB Bar bench: 355 x 1, 285 x 5 x 6 sets (EliteFTS FB bar has literally no knurl on any of the grips ...)
                                IG / YT

Comment

Working...
                                X