Road to Regionals c2 w1 reps/sets

LB Squat -130kg *7 PR, 115kg 7*3
      Safety Bar Squat - 95kg 7*4
      Belt Squat - 70kg 10*4

Reverse Fly - 35lbs 10*3
      BSS - 70lbs 10*3
      Cable High Rows - #9 10*3

New cycle, and the belt is back!

Top set was a rep PR and it was good for 2-3 more reps...I have no earthly idea what's going on, but I'm good with it!

Comment

• 4/3/19

Road to Regionals. c2 w1. reps/sets

T&G Bench - 87.5kg 4*3, 80kg 4*4
        Tempo Bench - 67.5kg 6*4
        Larson Press - 60kg 10*3

Press - 40kg 8*3
        Incline Dumbbell Press - 50lbs 8*3
        Reverse Fly - 35lbs 8*3
        Tri Pulldowns - #14 8*3
        LTE - 32.5kg 8*3

What a long, long day...can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow. This cycle seems to be " death by sets".
        Last edited by gymdad150; 04-04-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• 4/4/19

Deadlift - 170kg *7, 155kg 7*3
          RDLs - 125kg 10*3

BSS - 24kg 8*3
          Step Ups - 24kg 8*3

Bench - 75kg 8*3
          Rows - 75kg 8*3

Long session only because I was draggin ass today. Fortunately, I felt better upon leaving than when I walked in the door of the gym.

Bench was hard, hard, hard...yesterday killed me.

Comment

• Deadlift - 170kg *7
            That must have been grueling.

Comment

• It wasn't that 170 was hard or grueling (though I was breathing like a forge bellows),it was just being tired and having to do them dead stop, not touch and go.

My coach is a real bear about doing at least half the pulls dead stop...which is a concession to me as I would rather pull touch and go to keep constant tension on my lower back.

Comment

• .which is a concession to me as I would rather pull touch and go to keep constant tension on my lower back.

I've never attempted touch and go deadlifts--I always need a second or two to tighten up and take a deep breath. The touch and go actually seems like it would be pretty tough--knocking out those reps very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

I've never attempted touch and go deadlifts--I always need a second or two to tighten up and take a deep breath. The touch and go actually seems like it would be pretty tough--knocking out those reps very quickly.
                  The act of setting up each time is soooo draining from an energy standpoint that T&G Deads, for me, are actually easier.

And my T&G is almost an RDL, there's no real bounce off the floor like you'll see from some folks.

Comment

• 4/6/19

T&G Bench - 65kg 10*5
                    Safety Bar Squat - 95kg 8*5
                    Block Pulls - 180kg 7*3

BSS - 50lbs 8*3
                    Cable Mid Row - 50kg 8*3
                    Lateral Raises - 25lbs 8*3
                    Pallof Press - #8 3*20 seconds

A really good SBD Saturday. Short turn arounds on Bench and Squat - 4 to 5 minutes between sets. Took a full 10 minutes on the Block Pulls, they were hard. Dead stopped the first set., T&G'd sets 2 and 3.

I'm thinking, that after the cumulative effects of the last year's training, that I'm starting to realize some of those strength gains that this type of training should be driving.

Comment

• I'm thinking, that after the cumulative effects of the last year's training, that I'm starting to realize some of those strength gains that this type of training should be driving.
                      You seem to have a good solid long-view style of programming. Does your coach organize your programming? It's fun to see improvements at our age, isn't it?

Comment

You seem to have a good solid long-view style of programming. Does your coach organize your programming? It's fun to see improvements at our age, isn't it?
                        Last first: yes, it's a gas to keep making gains. I think everyone in the gym gets as big a charge out of it as I do. I know more than a few people have their eye out for the time I finally pull 500lbs.

I leave programming in it's entirety to my coach. It's too much of a responsibility for me

Coach's mantra: "You're building a total" Meaning he's more interested in long term gains than inter cycle madness. If short term gains show up, great. Otherwise, slow and steady wins the race.

Comment

• 4/8/19

Road to Regionals c2 w2 reps/sets

LB Squat - 135kg *7 PR, 120kg 7*3
                          Safety Bar Squat - 100kg 8*4

Belt Squat - 80kg 10*4
                          Paloff Press - #8 15 second holds *3

That's a lot o Squatting.

Once again, I had a couple of reps in the tank. What ever is going on, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Squat's been such bitch of a lift, it's nice to see some progress at long last.

Comment

• LB Squat - 135kg *7 PR
                            Nice set!

Do you have a belt squat machine at your gym? I notice that the 4-day hypertrophy template that I'll be following after the meet includes belt squats for some workouts. I was thinking of rigging up something like this in my rack:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorMFn-sJX0

Comment

Nice set!

Do you have a belt squat machine at your gym? I notice that the 4-day hypertrophy template that I'll be following after the meet includes belt squats for some workouts. I was thinking of rigging up something like this in my rack:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorMFn-sJX0
                              Yep, we have a Belt Squat machine. It also doubles as a cable row set up as well.

I've seen folks set up blocks and then use a belt and chains to attach a plate or two and let the plate dangle between the blocks. Much more of a jury rigged set up than what the Elite FTS guys are doing.

Comment

• 4/10/19

Road to Regionals c2 w2 rep/sets

T&G Bench - 90kg *4 PR
                                87.5kg 4*2
                                80kg 4*4
                                Tempo Bench - 67.5kg 4*6
                                Larson Press - 62.5kg 10*3

Press - 40kg 8*3
                                Dip - bw 8*3
                                Tri Pulldown - #15 8*3
                                Reverse Fly - 35lbs 8*3
                                Dumbbell Incline Bench - 60lbs 8*3

Day late in posting things. Big Bench day with the PR at 90kg, followed up with an awful lot of work...pant, pant, pant.

No Deads today as I had to take my 96 y/o mother into the ER and then find her a acute care facility all within 8 hours of waking.

I'm all done with being an adult at the moment.

Hopefully I can get to the gym by the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X