No announcement yet.

Still On The Right Side Of The Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my 3 Red Plates...and it wasn't hard.
    That's great! And still a few weeks to go before the Nationals.

Comment

• 9/25/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Two reps/sets

Paused Bench - 87.5 / 92.5 / 97.5kg *1, 90kg 2*3
      3 Count Paused Bench - 80kg 3*3

dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 8*2
      Dips - +12kg 8*2
      Tri Pulldowns - #14 8*2

Everything moved nicely. Shoulder slipped up the bench again at 97.5kg and there was just a bit of butt lift...shouldn't have happened.

Comment

• 9/26/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Two reps/sets

Deadlift - 195kg *1, 207.5kg*1, 217.5kg X, 185kg 2*2

Cable Mid Row - 70kg 8*2
        Reverse Fly - 50lbs 8*2

Paused Bench - 85 / 90 / 95kg *1

Not what I wanted today, but it was all I had given my right glute is now the issue...no explosion off the floor. Hamstring issue seems resolved though. As long as the "issue" is moving around, I'm not too concerned.

Ended this week totaling 475kg. Coach believes (and I concur) that 175 is there on the Squat, 100 on the Bench, and 217.5 on the Deads next week. Nice way to go into RN with a 492.5 total...

Comment

• 9/28/19

Nationals or Bust SBnoD Saturday reps/sets

Three weeks out...

Squat - 145kg 2*2
          Paused Bench - 87.5kg 2*3

LTE/Curls - 40kg 8*2
          Planks 45 sec *3
          Pull Ups - bw 5*3

Typical tired Saturday, and an hour earlier to boot. Moving up the wake up and training time to acclimate to a morning schedule in Chicago.

Comment

• 9/30/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Three rep/sets

Squat - 155kg *1, 165kg *1, 172.5kg X

Had to try to squeeze in 172.5kg. I took an emergency call at the gym and had to try to regroup and hit 172.5kg before packing up and leaving...no way to ry and hit a max effort.

Spent the next 8 hours in the ER with a sick child...

Comment

• 10/2/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Three reps/sets

Bench (w/commands) - 90kg *1, 95kg *1, 100kg X
              T&G Bench - 90kg *2, 85kg 2*2
              Spoto Bench - 77.5kg 3*3

Dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 8*2
              Tri Pulldowns - #15 8*4

Bench - 70 / 80 / 90kg *1

Another shit session...and I'm bi-polar about things from one moment to another.

Mis-grooved the attempt at 100kg, brought the bar down a couple of inches too high...just turrible as Sir Charles would say.

Outside the gym stressors are taking a toll at the moment...and the timing of these things sucks.

Fortunately we've got two weeks to re-group mentally. It's been seven months of good, bordering on great, training. We'll be fine...just being a little drama queen at the moment.

Comment

• 10/3/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Three reps/sets

Deadlift - 195kg *1, 207.5kg *1, 217.5kg X, 185kg 2*2

Rows - 70kg 8*2
                Reverse Flys - 50lbs 8*2

Pull Ups - bw 5*5

Better session than last week, first two pulls were substantially faster. Broke the ground and then bailed on 217.5kg...don't ask me why.

It seems I've had my, like clockwork, pre-competition crisis of confidence over the past few days. Fortunately I seem to be on the upswing physically and mentally. So we'll repeat this weeks work next week ad ten shut it down till Raw Natls.
                Last edited by gymdad150; 10-04-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• To me it looks like you couldn't be doing any better--many months of solid training, great numbers. I'm sure it will all pay off at the Nationals. Really wish I could be there...

Spent the next 8 hours in the ER with a sick child...
                  Your grandchild? Hope he/she is fully recovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Your grandchild? Hope he/she is fully recovered.
                    Fortunately, the wee one is just fine.

No, this emergency was the young prince. But we seem to have weathered the worst of it...fingers crossed.

Comment

• we seem to have weathered the worst of it...fingers crossed.
                      More fingers crossed here in New Mexico.

Comment

• 10/5/19

Nationals or Bust SBnoD Saturday reps/sets

Squat - 137.5kg *2, 150kg *2
                        Bench - 85 / 87.5 / 90kg *2

LTE / Curl - 30kg 8*2
                        Dips - bw 8*2
                        Pull Ups - bw 8*2

Wow, one more week of training and then we're on to Chicago.

Seem to be feeling "better" every day. I just need to keep myself from doing something stupid....

Comment

• 10/7/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Four reps/sets

Squat - 152.5kg / 162.5kg / 170kg *1, 175kg X; 155kg *2
                          Belt Squat - 130kg 2*3

Cable Mid Row - 80kg 8*2
                          Wide Grip Pulldown - 60kg 8*2

152.5 moved nicely, 162.5kg got stuck for no good reason, we backed off of 172.5kg to 170kg and it was just fine...good enough that coach wanted me to take a run at 175kg...which died an ugly death. Though he did say that I bailed on the bar and it was still moving up. Hell, I'm 64...I need to be fresh to take a run at a 5kg PR,; trying right after hitting 170 was gonna be a no go all day long.

All in all I like where I am on the Squat. I think openers and second attempts won't be an issue like the were in Spokane....O: 152.5/155, 2nd: 162.5/165.

The third attempt will most likely be 170/172.5kg...with 170 being the smart choice. Though you never know, if the first two attempts move smartly, 172.5 isn't out of the question.

Final Bench session Wednesday.

Comment

• Great squats! Everything looks really solid. When do you leave for Chicago?

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
                              Great squats! Everything looks really solid. When do you leave for Chicago?
                              Leaving Buffalo Thursday morning...early...0'dark thirty early.

Comment

• This coming Thursday, the 10th? Hard to believe a year has gone by since Spokane...

Comment

Working...
                                X