Still On The Right Side Of The Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    This coming Thursday, the 10th? Hard to believe a year has gone by since Spokane...
    I worded that poorly, sorry.

Next Thursday, the 17th...

Competing Friday morning, platform 5, flight A

Comment

• I'll try to watch. Wish we could be there in person.

Comment

• 10/9/19

Nationals or Bust Peaking Week Four reps/sets

Bench - 85kg *1, 92.5kg *1, 100kg X, 97.5kg *1, 90kg 2*2, 85kg *2
        Spoto Bench - 80kg 3*3

Dips - bw 8*2
        Dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 8*2

As an experiment, we tried bigger jumps across the board. We learned that the jump from 92.5kg to 100kg is too much for my tiny arms and upper body...(sigh...sadness)

So we go into Chicago without having hit a Bench with commands at 100kg. Not the end of the world, but it would have been a nice confidence booster.

Comment

• 10/10/19

Deadlift - 195 / 207.5 / 215kg *1 Gym PR

...and that was enough for me. Didn't want to mess with success.

I really needed to hit 215kg. It would have been so hard to go into Chicago having missed 215kg. It sets me up for perhaps taking a run at 227.5kg. Prior to my last meet, I hit 212.5 in the gym and 220 on the platform, sick as a dog.

Here I'm feeling "good", have hit an est 1rm of 245 (as opposed to 235 last meet).

If we can get some momentum on the Squat, and not piss it away on the Bench, a run at 227.5kg is a real possibility.

Oh, and we end the week with a 482.5kg total...that's a 10kg Total PR.

I really like where things are at the moment...can you tell?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by gymdad150 View Post
            10/10/19

Deadlift - 195 / 207.5 / 215kg *1 Gym PR

...and that was enough for me. Didn't want to mess with success.

I really needed to hit 215kg. It would have been so hard to go into Chicago having missed 215kg. It sets me up for perhaps taking a run at 227.5kg. Prior to my last meet, I hit 212.5 in the gym and 220 on the platform, sick as a dog.

Here I'm feeling "good", have hit an est 1rm of 245 (as opposed to 235 last meet).

If we can get some momentum on the Squat, and not piss it away on the Bench, a run at 227.5kg is a real possibility.

Oh, and we end the week with a 482.5kg total...that's a 10kg Total PR.

I really like where things are at the moment...can you tell?!?!
            Really fantastic--you couldn't ask for better prep for the meet. Can't wait to see your numbers!

Comment

• 10/14/19

Nationals or Bust Tapering rep/sets

Squat - 150kg 1*2
              Bench - 92.5kg 1*2

Cable Mid Rows - 70kg 8*2
              Tri Pulldowns - #10 8*2

Paloff Press - #10 10*2

Easy singles, might be openers +/- 2.5kg...

Comment

• 10/15/19

Nationals or Bust Tapering reps/sets

Bench - 82.5kg 2*2

RDL - 70kg 8*2
              BSS - bw 8*2

One more day's work to go. A couple of very light singles.

Treated myself to a nice deep tissue massage in the morning. Long overdue...

Comment

• 10/16/19

Nationals or Bust Tapering reps/sets

Squat - 130kg 1*2
                Bench w/commands - 92.5kg *1

Dumbbell Bench - 35lbs 8*3

And that's it, all done!

Off to Chicago at O'dark thirty.

Lifting on Friday at 8:00am cst: Raw Masters 3, platform 5, flight A

The usual Red/Black SBD singlet...with a little more grey hair.

Comment

• Now go get some PRs! I'd wish you luck but you won't need it with all those months of solid training, going into the meet strong and rested.

Comment

• 10/18/19

A quick meet recap:

Squat - 2/3 missed the opener, but recovered to hit 165kg for a 7.5kg PR

Bench - 2/3 missed the third at 100kg, should have had it, the bar was moving so nicely.

Deadlift - 3/3 absolutely smoked 227.5kg, for a 7.5kg PR

Total - 487.5kg a 15kg meet PR

Codger my man, that glass of single malt is on me next we meet!

Ran into the BBM Team...all save Alan that is. Nice to have a moment with them.

What a day! Achieved a huge goal of mine with that 501lbs Deadlift. The 500kg total will come...

Comment

• Chas! Anne and I had a blast watching the live feed. We saw all your lifts. Man, that deadlift--it didn't look like a grind at all. We were talking about it throughout the day. It was inspiring to watch. I hope we can share that single malt at next year's nationals.

Comment

• 11/7/19

Doing what we can, with what we have, where we are...

It's been a tumultuous couple of weeks...from the heights, to the deepest depths...and now just trying to find balance.

Just back to the gym:

Safety Bar Squats - 70kg 8*3
                        Larsen Bench - 50kg 8*3
                        Block Pulls - 120kg 8*3

Pull Ups - bw 8*3
                        Hammer Curls - 50lbs 8*3

I'm beat up mentally and physically at the moment, so it's light, light weights from now through the beginning of December.

Comment

• Great to see you back, Chas. You're strong, inside and out.

Comment

• 11/9/19

SBD Saturday:

SBS - 80kg 8*3
                            Larsen B - 55kg 8*3
                            Block Pull - 130kg 8*3

Hammer Curl - 50lbs 8*3
                            Pull Ups - bw 8*2, *6

Getting back to playing some Squash with old friends whom I've been neglecting these past four years. Accordingly, I'll be on the court Monday's and Friday's; and in the gym Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday.

I've no plans to compete any time soon, if at all this year. I have to attend to getting proper treatment for Prostate Cancer, and I have no idea how I'll respond to the treatments.

So we're just doing what we can, with what we have, where ever we are.

Comment

• You seem to excel at taking the long view, Chas. So if competition isn't in the cards this year I guess I might have to be patient and wait until 2021's Raw Nationals to share that aged scotch.

Comment

Working...
                              X