Still On The Right Side Of The Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    Nice workout. How was the Mustache Mayhem weekend?
    Just a wild two days.

You can check out my instagram page for pics. Seeing as I wasn't on the platform, I did the next best thing(s): Bag Check, Bar Heights, Hype Man, Photographer.

The weightlifting portion was, as always, a quiet affair. Well attended, but quiet. The Powerlifting portion was MAYHEM!

Seriously, it was a gas. Had almost as much fun being everywhere, doing everything, as I would have had i been competing. It was a full day, up at 4:30am, home at 8:00pm.

I plan on making Mayhem IV, my return to the platform...good lord willing, and the creeks don't rise.

Comment

• That sounds great. Must have been fun being the Hype Man. Does that mean you were the announcer? Here's to Mayhem IV and beyond, not to mention the 2021 Raw Nationals.

Comment

That sounds great. Must have been fun being the Hype Man. Does that mean you were the announcer? Here's to Mayhem IV and beyond, not to mention the 2021 Raw Nationals.
        I was TeamStache's cheerleader...on steroids. Butt and back slaps, hugs, whispers in the ear...general encouragement for both sessions.

Comment

• 2/11/20

#kickcancerinthedick reps/sets

Cycle 3

HB Paused Squat - 95kg 5*5
          Tempo SBS - 75kg 6*4
          Goblet Squat - 24kg 15*4

Sledding - 75kg *4 up and backs
          Cable Flys - #5 10*4

Not bad for being off for 5 days...didn't think it was that long until I looked at my log book. Mustache Mayhem was a rousing success, even if I couldn't compete.

Fvcking Sled pushes really blow. I'm definitely not in aerobic shape these days.

Comment

• 2/17/20

Cycle 3
            Paused HiBar - 80kg 5*5
            Tempo SBS - 70kg 6*4
            Goblet Squat - 20kg 15*4
            Chins - bw 8*4

I came down with a bug middle of last week that has cut the legs out from under me. Today was the first day back, and it was a struggle.

I had to keep repeating the mantra of training while being treated for cancer: do what you can, with what you have, on that particular day.

Still, it's very hard mentally to be giving up so much ground.

Radiation treatments start tomorrow: 28 days / 5+ weeks

Lord give me strength!

Comment

• It's really amazing that you're managing such sold workouts. Four sets of 8 chins is more than respectable. Five more weeks and you'll be on recovery road.

Comment

It's really amazing that you're managing such sold workouts. Four sets of 8 chins is more than respectable. Five more weeks and you'll be on recovery road.
                Thanks...

2nd week of April can't come soon enough,

Comment

• 2/19/20

Cycle 3

Spoto Bench - 65kg 5*5
                  Close Grip Bench - 55kg 10*3
                  Tempo Hi Bar - 55kg 5*5
                  Dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 10*4
                  Kroc Rows - 50lbs 10*4

Well, two days into radiation treatments...and it's kicking my ass already. I was not ready for this level of fatigue, HOLY SHIT.

Numbers mean nothing now. The mantra is #anyrepsaregoodreps

Comment

• Numbers mean nothing now. The mantra is #anyrepsaregoodreps
                    That's right! All those reps will pay off. Your discipline is really admirable, Chas.

Comment

• 2/22/20

Cycle 3

RDLs - 120kg 8*3
                      Deficit Deads - 100kg 5*3
                      Press - 40kg 5*5
                      Wide Grip Larsen Bench - 60kg 6*4
                      Hammer Curls - 50lbs 10*4
                      LTE - 20kg 10*4

#anyrepsaregoodreps

It is a hellacious struggle at the moment, every set is like sprinting a 440 in .50 seconds...you want to fall over and puke when you're done.

Comment

• It is a hellacious struggle at the moment, every set is like sprinting a 440 in .50 seconds...you want to fall over and puke when you're done.
                        You are one tough hombre, Chas, to be hitting the gym so consistently now. And your RDLs are about the same as what I'm doing now.

Comment

• gymdad150 kinda looking like the Hellacious struggle is paying off . Well done, proud of you for persevering . You got this!

Comment

• Originally posted by mybeautifulparadoxiallife View Post
                            gymdad150 kinda looking like the Hellacious struggle is paying off . Well done, proud of you for persevering . You got this!
                            Appreciate the support!

Comment

• 2/24/20

Cycle 3

HB Paused - 90kg 5*5
                              Tempo SBS - 80kg 6*4
                              Goblet Squat - 24kg 15*4
                              Reverse Fly - #5 10*4
                              Cable Fly - 30lbs 10*4

Coming to grips with the fact that I'm gonna be feeling shitty for a while regardless of the weight on the bar. So sack up, and do more, do better.

GRRRRRR...

Comment

• Once all this treatment is over you'll be unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X