• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gymdad150
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    Those squats are coming along.
    Cautiously optimistic...

I am starting to feel more confident under the bar, that helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Those squats are coming along.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/24/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Three

LBS - 117.5kg *6
    LBS - 100kg 6*2
    Goblet Squat - 20kg 20*3
    Wide Grip Pulldown - 100lbs 15*3
    Dead Bug - 60sec *3
    Hammer Curls - 70lbs 10*3

Gyms are officially open in NYS, so all the gang is back together. It's nice to have the community back under the same roof physically!

Pretty good top set, had another two or three reps available...a couple of reps were questionable, but on balance - a good day.

Humid as all get out. I'm gonna miss the AC in the old gym, but that's the only thing. This new location is only minutes from where I live. Additionally, the owner has invested in a lot of new equipment - such a deal!

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/22/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Two

LBS - 100kg 6*3
    B - 70kg 6*3
    RDL - 110kg 10*3
    Cable Mid Row - 110lbs 15*3
    LTE / Curl - 32.5kg 15*3

Nice Saturday session. Gym opens officially Monday. Lot's of rules and regulations in place to keep the guvn'r happy.

As opposed to a face mask, I get to wear a face shield. Luckily I already have one that I wear occasionally for Squash (when I forget my goggles).

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/20/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Two

Dead Stop Deadlift - 135kg *6
    DS Deads - 115kg 6*2
    Tempo Down RDL - 95kg 8*3
    Glute Ham Roller - 15*3
    Dead Bug - 60 sec *3
    Tempo Down Dips - +8kg 5*3
    Tempo Down Hammer Curls - 50lbs 5*3

Just exhausted, mentally drained...no sleep the last few nights. I was forced to stay within the assigned RPE due to the fatigue. That, and the fact that my back is still a little "tight".

Performing these pulls from a dead stop is extra taxing as well. It's extremely fatiguing to have to set up properly for each rep. Which is why I normally do these lifts "touch and go", it also allows me to keep my back in extension easier doing T&Gs. But we must suffer for the "cause".

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/19/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Two

Bench - 77.5kg *6
    Bench - 65kg 6*2
    1 Arm Dumbbell Bench - 50lbs 12*3
    Dumbbell Press - 40lbs 10*3
    Paloff Holds - #6 45 sec *3
    LTE /Curl - 40kg *9,*8,*8
    Hammer Curls - 35lbs *30, *20, *15 on 60 seconds rest

For the amount of shit I'm dealing with, I'm OK with how today went. Spent a good hour and a half on the phone with attorneys regarding a business matter prior to hitting the gym. Not the best way to enter the training day...

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    I guess one advantage of having to deal with everything you've been through is that a back tweak must not seem like a big deal.
    Perhaps. I think the fact that there are no competitions on the horizon was a calming factor.

I really was resigned to this being an injury that was going to effect me for weeks.

Deadlifting will be somewhat problematic. Bench shouldn't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    I didn't freak out over the weekend, though I was in so much pain. Normally I would have been running (or should I say crawling) around with my hair on fire.
    I guess one advantage of having to deal with everything you've been through is that a back tweak must not seem like a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/17/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Two

Lot's and lot's of mobility work...

LB Squat - 112.5kg *6
    LBS - 82.5kg 6*3
    Goblet Squat - 16kg 20*4
    Wide Grip Pull Downs - 100lbs 15*3

Missed Saturday's session as I was incapacitated from Thursday's back tweak.

I really wasn't holding out any hope of squatting today, as I was still experiencing cramping and tightness in my lower back. I did want to get to the gym, and just try to move around.

I rode the bike for 10 minutes, worked on my hips and back for a while, tried some light goblet squats. I was surprised how well I was able to move. All the cramping and tightness was pretty much gone. I guess the adage of "motion is lotion" is correct.

Anyway, I got the Squat Stand set up and worked through 50, 70, 85, 100kgs without any issues. I'm a pretty folded over Squatter, so this ability to Squat pain free was, to me, amazing...miraculous.

The top set was easy, and perhaps my best Squatting in ages.

I'm really happy with myself at the moment. I didn't freak out over the weekend, though I was in so much pain. Normally I would have been running (or should I say crawling) around with my hair on fire.

And then to Squat so easily today, just hope I don't injure myself patting myself on the back.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    That's annoying. I remember how bummed I was when I tweaked my back about a week before the nationals in Spokane. At least I have my jacket from the meet!
    Still kicking myself that I didn't think to get a photo of the two of us all kitted out...

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Probably out of comish for a while
    That's annoying. I remember how bummed I was when I tweaked my back about a week before the nationals in Spokane. At least I have my jacket from the meet!

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    They're coming along nicely. Hope the tweak resolves itself soon.
    It's a doozy!

Probably out of comish for a while

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Deadlifts - 165kg *6
    They're coming along nicely. Hope the tweak resolves itself soon.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/13/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week One

Deadlifts - 165kg *6
    Tweaked my QL on the right side...damn! I've had this happen before, and it was crippling. Today's tweak, while not fun, is no where as debilitating as the last incident 6 years ago (though it's always in the back of my mind).

Dead Bugs - 60sec *3
    Glute Ham Roller - 15*3
    Reverse Hyper - no weight - 15*3
    Back Ext - no weight 15*3

Erectors are OK to work with. Rotational movements are a pain. Tried to pull some Wagon Wheel RDLs and that was DOA.

We'll see how we feel come Saturday's session. Till then, a little Aleve and a lot of walking to keep things loose.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    That news kicks my day up a notch!
    Yeah, I had a little pep in my step after yesterday as well.

Today....not so good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X