Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    I didn't freak out over the weekend, though I was in so much pain. Normally I would have been running (or should I say crawling) around with my hair on fire.
    I guess one advantage of having to deal with everything you've been through is that a back tweak must not seem like a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    8/17/20

The Road Back rep/sets
    Cycle Three / Week Two

Lot's and lot's of mobility work...

LB Squat - 112.5kg *6
    LBS - 82.5kg 6*3
    Goblet Squat - 16kg 20*4
    Wide Grip Pull Downs - 100lbs 15*3

Missed Saturday's session as I was incapacitated from Thursday's back tweak.

I really wasn't holding out any hope of squatting today, as I was still experiencing cramping and tightness in my lower back. I did want to get to the gym, and just try to move around.

I rode the bike for 10 minutes, worked on my hips and back for a while, tried some light goblet squats. I was surprised how well I was able to move. All the cramping and tightness was pretty much gone. I guess the adage of "motion is lotion" is correct.

Anyway, I got the Squat Stand set up and worked through 50, 70, 85, 100kgs without any issues. I'm a pretty folded over Squatter, so this ability to Squat pain free was, to me, amazing...miraculous.

The top set was easy, and perhaps my best Squatting in ages.

I'm really happy with myself at the moment. I didn't freak out over the weekend, though I was in so much pain. Normally I would have been running (or should I say crawling) around with my hair on fire.

And then to Squat so easily today, just hope I don't injure myself patting myself on the back.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    That's annoying. I remember how bummed I was when I tweaked my back about a week before the nationals in Spokane. At least I have my jacket from the meet!
    Still kicking myself that I didn't think to get a photo of the two of us all kitted out...

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Probably out of comish for a while
    That's annoying. I remember how bummed I was when I tweaked my back about a week before the nationals in Spokane. At least I have my jacket from the meet!

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    They're coming along nicely. Hope the tweak resolves itself soon.
    It's a doozy!

Probably out of comish for a while

Leave a comment:

Working...
X