No announcement yet.

Still On The Right Side Of The Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All kidding aside, I'm pissed. I know better, and I let my impatience get the better of me.
    That is my downfall too, exacerbated by increasing hard-headedness with each passing year!

Comment

• 12/2/2020

Cycle Six Week Two rep/sets

Bench - 80kg 5*2
      Paused Bench - 75kg 5*3
      Spoto - 70kg 10 / 10/ / 8

Still on lockdown. Back is still cranky. Stressors outside the gym are large, and in charge unfortunately.

The back issue kept me from moving more than 80kg comfortably, but truth be told - I didn't have 87.5kg in me for 5 today anyway.

So, I modified the program, and added a set to the first two exercises...because volume. Am I right...

Had a discussion with the other renegades who I'm lifting with: is it better to sprint through a high rep set, or is it better to be steady Eddie?

All I can say is, trying to be Steady Eddie cost me the last set of Spoto. Make of that what you will. Of course the guy who is Steady Eddie in the group also Benches 187.5kg, so he's probably right.

Comment

• 12/4/20

Deadlift - 275lbs 5*5

That's as much as my back could handle without being cranky. Beats doing nothing!

We'll try for a day four of Squats and Bench tomorrow!

Comment

• 12/5/20

Squat - 120kg 5*4
          Bench - 70kg 5*6
          Larsen Bench - 60kg 6*4

No pulls, since we Deadlifted yesterday. Squats were a little high, but the back held up nicely. First time squatting in two weeks, so I'm not to upset with the depth, all things considered.

On the Bench, the person I'm training with had me focus in keeping my chest UP throughout the movement. I have a tendency to let my chest drop with the bar at the bottom. Felt stronger that way...who knew?!?!

Looks like another week of lockdown...I have no words!

Comment

• 12/7/20

Cycle Six Week Three rep/sets
            Squat - EB XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...

Let's get 2020 over with folks.

I tweak a hamstring warming up with an empty bar. You can't make this shit up!

Looks like I'm a Bench only guy for a while.

Comment

• I tweak a hamstring warming up with an empty bar. You can't make this shit up!
              Arrrgh. Well, maybe those dedicated bench workouts will be fun and productive.

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Arrrgh. Well, maybe those dedicated bench workouts will be fun and productive.
                From your lips to God's ear...

Comment

• 12/9/20

Bench - 82.5kg 5*2
                  Paused Bench - 77.5kg - 5*3
                  Spoto - 72.5kg *8, 70kg *10, 8

Back and hammy are still cranky...whatta ya gonna do???

I'm tired too.

Comment

• 12/11/20

Wagon Wheel Pulls
                    135lbs 5*3
                    225lbs 3*2
                    315lbs 2*2
                    365lbs 2*1
                    385lbs *1
                    405lbs 1*4

Not gonna lie, having jacked up my back along with many other body parts over the last month has been tough to deal with.

So being able to get these lifts in today is a real mood changer.

Also glad that my Doc and my coach were on the same wave length as to how to help me get some work in.

Comment

• Also glad that my Doc and my coach were on the same wave length as to how to help me get some work in.
                      Looks like you're in good hands. And nice lifting with those wagon wheels--what a great piece of equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Looks like you're in good hands. And nice lifting with those wagon wheels--what a great piece of equipment.
                        Congruency between the two is greatly appreciated.

The Wagon Wheels are perfect for where I am at the moment. The only draw back to using them is that the ring like a bell when you hit the ground. It's so loud and sharp that wearing ear protectors wouldn't be out of place.

Comment

• 12/12/20

Paused Bench - 72.5kg 5*6
                          Larsen Bench - 63.5kg 6*4
                          Hammer Curls - 40lbs 20*3

Our gym opens back up on Monday...Yay!!!!

Start of a new cycle too, hopefully I'll stay healthy enough to get on the Platform in January...fingers crossed!

Comment

• 12/14/20

Cycle 7 - Week 1 reps sets

Squat - 70kg 3*2, 90kg 2*2,100kg 1*2, 110/120/130/140kg *1
                            Squat - 122.5kg 1*4
                            Tempo2Tempo BSS - 8kg 8*3
                            T2T Goblet Squats - 20kg 10*3
                            Mid Rows - #14 15*2
                            Dead Bugs - 60sec *2

Meet prep time.

It's a whole different approach this meet: Singles

Normally, coach has us peaking with triples and doubles going into a meet. I extremely interested to see how this approach will work, even if he's not expecting anything crazy out of me in terms of numbers.

That said, I know we're all gonna pay for this fun come the new hypertrophy cycle after the meet. 10's are gonna such soooo hard!

For not Squatting much over the past few weeks, 140kg felt like an 8 at max...I can live with that at the moment.

Comment

• 12/16/20

Paused Bench -
                              50kg 3*2
                              70kg 2*2
                              77.5kg 1*2
                              82.5kg / 87.5kg / 90 / 92.5kg *1 (with commands)
                              Bench - 80kg 5*2
                              Close Grip Bench - 70kg 5*3
                              Shoulder Cluster - 10lbs 10*3
                              Kroc Rows - 60lbs 15*3
                              Triceps - #8 8*2

Not thrilled with how 92.5kg moved, though I did try it with a Wide Grip...so it might have made a difference. We'll see.

Close Grip, man I haven't done these is ages. Boy is the bar a long way away...

Comment

• 12/17/20

Wagon Wheel Pulls -
                                135lbs 5*3, 225lbs 3*3, 285lbs 2*2, 335lbs 2*1, 375lbs / 405 / 425lbs *1

WW Pulls @rpe8 - 365lbs 1*4
                                Goblet Squats - 24kg 10*3
                                BSS - 12kg 10*3
                                Mid Row - #14 12*3
                                Revs Fly - 20lbs 12*3

Worked in FREEDOM UNITS...can't mix kg and lbs plates.

Back is improving. I went to an acupuncturist that a number of folks in my gym use. The guys is a fucking wizard. This is the second issue I've had him work on, and the relief is almost immediate. It may be voodoo. All I know is that he's solved some chronic problems as well as this latest setback quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X