No announcement yet.

Still On The Right Side Of The Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic work, Chas! With your bum knee I wasn't expecting to see anything like those numbers. You'll be a monster when you're back to normal!

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
      Fantastic work, Chas! With your bum knee I wasn't expecting to see anything like those numbers. You'll be a monster when you're back to normal!
      Lots of fun was had. I was surprised at how well my knee felt, and how it held up throughout the day.

Yeah, with some good fortune going forward, I'm shooting for that 400lbs Squat!

Comment

• 1/18/21

De-Load Week

Step Ups
        Side to Side Hops
        Sled Pushes
        Leg Extensions
        3 Board Bench
        LTE / Curlz
        Airdyne

Just go in and have some fun...move around, get some blood flowing.

I feel pretty good...tired, but no issues to report. I slept a lot yesterday...

Comment

• 1/21/21

More De-Load fun and frivolities

Earlier in the day I sat down with my coach, and recapped the meet. We're both happy with the results, and realize that there was lot's more available.

With that realization in hand, we set a goal of preparing for Raw Natls in Daytona. Obviously we have to get lucky due to the limited field, and the fact that only the top three from the previous year are guaranteed places. I can't attempt to sign up until March...and then I'll have to have good fortune getting my request in as early as is allowable.

But we'll plan our training as if I'm going, and if it doesn't pan out, we'll find another meet to go to....but I'd hate to break a three year streak of competing at Raw Natls.

And I'm officially on record as planning on hitting a 400lbs Squat in a competition by the end of 2022...(it worked with the 500lbs Deadlift, let's see if I can pull this one off as well)

Comment

• And I'm officially on record as planning on hitting a 400lbs Squat in a competition by the end of 2022...(it worked with the 500lbs Deadlift, let's see if I can pull this one off as well)
            I hope to be right there with you! Adding 50 pounds or so to my squat over two years should be doable--about a half-pound increase each week!

Comment

I hope to be right there with you! Adding 50 pounds or so to my squat over two years should be doable--about a half-pound increase each week!
              Let's do this!!!

Comment

• 1/23/21

Last de-load day

Weighted Back Extensions 32kg 8*3
                Step Downs slow eccentric 8*3
                Side 2 Side Hops 20*3
                3 Board Bench 70kg 10*3
                Belt Squat 70kg 10*3
                Big Wheel Pulls 148kg 10*3
                LTE / Curl 30kg 15*3

Volume block(s) coming up...

Comment

• 1/25/21

Volume Block - reps/sets

LB Squat 137.5kg *1
                  Safety Bar - 85kg 8*3
                  Belt Squat - 55kg 15*4

Cable Hi Row - #9-13 *10
                  Cable Mid Row - #13-17 *10

Side Planks r/l 45 seconds *2

I don't like Side Planks!

Survived the first volume day. I like the idea of settling the stage with a "heavy" single, and basing the rest of the work off that.

My knee is still being a pain in the ass, but it's not hindering training which I find really odd.

Comment

• 1/27/21

Volume Block - reps/sets

Bench - 50kg 5*3 / 60kg 3*2 / 70kg 2*1 / 80kg 1*2 / 87.5kg *1 / 92.5kg *1
                    Larsen Bench - 65kg 8*3
                    Dumbbell Bench - 60lbs 10*3
                    Dumbbell Press - 35lbs 12*3
                    Dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 10*3
                    Planks - 60 sec *3
                    Hammer Curls - 50lbs 15*3

Slow top single probably rpe9.5...

Dumbbell work done on two minute rest intervals.

Comment

• 1/28/21

Volume Block - reps/sets

Deadlift - 70kg 5*3 / 120kg 3*3 / 140kg 2*2 / 160kg *2 / 180kg *1 rpe8
                      Deadlift - 140kg 8*2
                      Big Wheel Pulls (slow eccentric)- 148kg 5*3

Single Leg Hip Thrust - 30lbs 12*3
                      Cable Revs Fly - #5 12*3
                      Planks - 60 sec *3

Today was a "hard" session. Volume Deads and eccentric work bordered on CARDIO, especially with my continued focus on short rest intervals. I'm tired...

Comment

• 1/30/21

Volume Block - reps/sets

SSB Squats paused - 75kg 7*3
                        Spoto Bench - 70kg 10*2
                        Kettlebell RDLs - 56kg 12*3
                        Dumbbell Bench - 60lbs 15*3
                        Dumbbell Incline Bench - 50lbs 15*3
                        Wide Grip Pulldowns - 100lbs 15*3

A little tired coming into the session, but it didn't effect the work...it got done in good fashion.

I have to keep reminding myself, I asked for the hypertrophy work...***shakes head***

Comment

• Phew, that must have been a tough workout.

Comment

Phew, that must have been a tough workout.
                            It was odd. The SSB and Spoto went smoothly (as they should at those weights). The worst part of the Kettlebell RDLs, was just getting the damn things off the shelf and walking them out to the floor. The RDL itself was easy (as it should at those weights)....what's up with that?

Then the fun began with the Dumbbell work, those sets got me good...especially with shorter rest periods.

Comment

Phew, that must have been a tough workout.
                              It was odd. The SSB and Spoto went smoothly (as they should at those weights). The worst part of the Kettlebell RDLs, was just getting the damn things off the shelf and walking them out to the floor. The RDL itself was easy (as it should at those weights)....what's up with that?

Then the fun began with the Dumbbell work, those sets got me good...especially with shorter rest periods.

Comment

• 2/1/21

Volume Block Week Two - reps/sets

Top Single - 70kg 5*3, 100kg 3*3, 115kg 2*2, 125kg*2, 135kg *1, 140kg *1
                                SSB Squat - 90kg 8*3
                                Belt Squat - 57.5kg 15*4
                                Hi Row - #13-17 *10
                                Mid Row - #16 10*5
                                Side Plank - r/l 45 seconds *2

Performing two different approaches to training requires a flexible mentality.

Singles and volume are two really different animals...I was ready for the single. I was lost at sea with the eights tonight. Got 'em done, but but it was not "fun".

Comment

Working...
                                X