• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Non Lifting related...

Post Treatment PSA test results are back...drum-roll please...

I get to lift for a few more years !!!

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied

Anyway, I have no house arrest lifting to log...because I moved into a new apartment over the weekend. I'm finally unpacked and somewhat squared away.
    I averaged about 8k steps and 20 floors climbed Saturday and Sunday. Everything hurts, especially my Achilles tendons, and spinal erectors.
    That's a lot of steps. I think I'd be hurting too. I'm still adjusting to the "dreadmill." Strangely enough my ankles seem to be the weak link!

Leave a comment:

• HansAndFranz

• HansAndFranz
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Those high-rep sets aren't easy. I've been doing a lot of them on the hypertrophy template that I'm following and am finding them very challenging. And it's probably just a matter of time before your walks start to feel easier.

I'm in phase 2 of the beginner prescription and by far the hardest thing for me, in terms of interset recovery as well as realizing my "theoretical" strength, was the 10 rep squat sets.

I was confident I would rapidly progress at them but I didn't really. My pacing got a lot better which made them less aerobically taxing but the weight on the bar wasn't going up after the first two weeks or so.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Those high-rep sets aren't easy. I've been doing a lot of them on the hypertrophy template that I'm following and am finding them very challenging. And it's probably just a matter of time before your walks start to feel easier.
    Boy Tim, I sure hope so.

Anyway, I have no house arrest lifting to log...because I moved into a new apartment over the weekend. I'm finally unpacked and somewhat squared away.
    I averaged about 8k steps and 20 floors climbed Saturday and Sunday. Everything hurts, especially my Achilles tendons, and spinal erectors.

Today I walked the neighborhood. I hope to get a lift in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    I feel like everything is backsliding. These light weight sessions are killing me at the moment. And walking 2-4 miles isn't getting any easier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X