• 1/31/19

Cycle Four Week Three reps/sets

Deadlift - 212.5kg *1, 190kg 2*3
    Block Pulls - 177.5kg 3*3

Paused Bench - 82.5kg 2*3
    GHR - 15kg 6*3
    Cable Mid Row - 60kg 8*2
    Kroc Rows - 80bs 8*2

Unlooked for, we pulled 212.5kg and had another in the tank!

I still feel like shite, but maybe...just maybe we've bottomed out and are on the rebound.

2 weeks and 2 days till Mustache Mayhem. Coach actually likes where I am at the moment, plague and all. Time to trust the process, and get out of my own way.
    Last edited by gymdad150; 02-01-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• 2/2/19

Cycle Four Week Two reps/sets

Paused Bench - 80kg 3*5 three minute rest
      LB Squat - 140kg 2*4 three minute rest

GHR - 20kg 6*3
      Rows - 75kg 8*3
      Straight Bar Curl - eb 30*3
      LTE - 25kg 20*3

Well, I think I've finally turned the corner on this plague. Sets went nicely, even with short rest periods.

Next week is set up to take a run at some PR's 162.5kg on the Squat, 100kg on Bench, and 200/222.5kg for Deads.

I'll most likely ramp them up like I will for the meet. If I have turned the corner health wise, these numbers are doable.

Comment

• Deadlift - 212.5kg *1
        Great! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Comment

• Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
          Great! Glad to hear you're feeling better.
          Well, the outward symptoms are gone, but the fatigue lingers...as you'll see momentarily.

Comment

• 2/4/19

Cycle Four Weak Three reps/sets

LB Squat - 162.5kg X

My warm-ups were slow and had no "pop" 122.5kg was a struggle for 3, 132.5kg for two was just as tough. 142.5kg for a single was no better and my coach asked if anything was wrong.

I though I was OK, just a little s.l.o.w.

Loaded up 152.5kg and got pinned, thank god for spotters.

...and coach called it a day.

Whadda ya gonna do...

Comment

• You've been putting in a lot of hard work while in the grip of some nasty virus As soon as you bounce back I'm sure all the effort will be rewarded.

Comment

You've been putting in a lot of hard work while in the grip of some nasty virus As soon as you bounce back I'm sure all the effort will be rewarded.
                I hear ya. My hope is that I get a chance to show it next Saturday.

Otherwise, it's North East Regionals in July.

Comment

• 2/6/19

Competition Bench - 87.5kg / 95kg / 97.5kg *1

Dumbbell Bench - 60lbs 8*3
                  Kroc Rows - 90lbs 8*3

Hammer Curls - 50lbs 10*3
                  Dips - BW 10*3

Seems that I've got Tidal Strength these days, it comes and it goes. I'd swear, if I didn't know better, I had Mono...

Anyway, we ran through the Bench sequence: Openers, 2nd's, and 3rd's. Wanted to go with 100kg, but 95kg moved too slowly.

Glass half full mindset: Not a bad effort after Monday's shit show, and the possibity exists that if, IF I'm feeling better, 100kg will go down...or up as the lift requires.

Comment

• I hear ya. My hope is that I get a chance to show it next Saturday.
                    Looking forward to seeing those numbers!

Comment

• 2/7/19

Deadlift - 195kg / 207.5kg *1, 215kg *X
                      195kg X
                      175kg 6*2

Bench - 90kg 1*2

To channel Sir Charles: Just Turribleā€¦

Well, that's the end of the Peaking. Time to try and put back on some weight I've lost over the past three weeks and get myself in a proper frame of mind to compete next Saurday

Comment

• 2/9/19

Competition Bench - 90kg 2*4

LB Squat - 142.5kg 2*3

Hammer Curl - 50lbs 15*3

Tri Pulldowns - 35kg 15*3

One week out...

Bench felt extremely heavy. Squats felt OK. My weight is down to 196.5lbs, just no appetite and no room to put any food when I do eat.

Fortunately (for me), my son contracted the same plague and he has had all the same symptoms. So nothing else is going on.

I'm gonna force feed and drink as much fluid as I can handle through next Saturday. There's no such thing as junk food at the moment.

Comment

• I'm gonna force feed and drink as much fluid as I can handle through next Saturday. There's no such thing as junk food at the moment.
                          You might need some of Oldster's therapy. Remember his deer-hunting/raw-liver-eating exploits?

Comment

You might need some of Oldster's therapy. Remember his deer-hunting/raw-liver-eating exploits?
                            Ahhhh yes, bloody, raw liver right there in the field. And that's why he could close grip 350 for reps...and why I never will.

Hope he's alright...

Comment

• Hope he's alright...
                              ...and still chasing deer somewhere....

Comment

• 2/11/19

Cycle Four Week Four reps/sets

LB Squat - 135kg 1*3
                                Comp Bench - 90kg *1, 92.5kg*2

RDL - 100kg 8*3

I think we've turned a corner, really and truly I do. I've got a little more pep in the step and I don't feel so damn tired.

Here's to hoping all those apocryphal stories about fantastic results after not moving heavy weights due to being sick are true...Saturday's fast approaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X