• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 4

Banded deadlift: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest. I think I'll add at least 15 pounds to these next week. I went back to mixed grip for these; the combination of bands plus hook grip was holding me back.

Slingshot bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

Lever rows: 55 (just counting plates, not the bar weight)[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest. First time I've tried these. I'm also doing DB rows on GPP days.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 3

Squat with 80 pounds of chains, no belt: 305 (225 plus chains)[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

Touch and go bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest. I overshot the last set a bit. It was supposed to be RPE 9, so I should have gone with 215, maybe even 212.5.

DB press: 37.5 (each)[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied

You beast!You're hook gripping???

You beast!

A wannabe beast. Would that be a wannabeast? I used to hook grip all the time until I tried changing things up last fall. It's going to take me a while to get used to it again. The old thumbs are still complaining about this afternoon's workout.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    You're hook gripping???

You beast!

John La Flamme showed my how he hooks things. It's a hybrid hook, can't explain it, other than to say it was "interesting". But hey, it works for him!

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; Four to five minutes rest. I switched back to the hook grip today after several months of using a mixed grip. I lightened the load a bit to let my thumbs adjust! It was still a little uncomfortable.

Floor press: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

3-0-3 tempo squat, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest. Phew. I think I can add 10 pounds to these next time.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Started the Powerlifting 2 template today, four days a week, plus GPP.

Squat with belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

Press, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    I'll be interested to see what the BBM team has to say. I can't think that the conditioning work is hampering you strength display.
    I'm hoping it was just a weirdly bad day. I'll see what happens over the next three or four weeks. If the deadlift remains stalled I'll check in with the BBM coaches.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Hmmmm, not what I was expecting to see as well.

I'll be interested to see what the BBM team has to say. I can't think that the conditioning work is hampering you strength display.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Today was my mock-meet day, the last day on the Strength 1 template. I rested for 7 minutes between attempts. Results were mixed:

Squat with belt: 320x1x1; 330x1x1; 345x1x1. The last single wasn't a grind at all. I think I could have added another 5 to 7 pounds, which would have been a bit better than my best squat at a USAPL meet in February, but still about 25 pounds below my official meet PR of 375 three years ago.

Comp bench: 230x1x1; 237.5x1x1; 247.5x1x1. This was a pleasant surprise. That last rep went up pretty smoothly. I think I could have added at least another 2.5 pounds. At last February's meet I failed at 110 kg (242.5 pounds).

Deadlift with belt. 430x1x1; 445--failed! This really surprised me. I was planning to hit at least 470 for the third attempt, since I pulled 450 for a single at RPE 9 just a couple of weeks ago, not to mention pulling 485 at the February USAPL meet. But today 430 felt like a 10, and I had to bail on 445 just a few inches off the floor. Not sure what the problem was. Maybe I've been doing too much conditioning? For several months now I've been doing brisk walking on the treadmill, often with steep inclines, for at least 4 hours a week. Might need to check in with the BBM crew to ask their advice.

I weighed 183.5 this morning before eating, so I'm about 7 pounds lighter than I was for my last real meet. Still not solidly in the 83 kg class yet though.

Well, onward. This week I'll start the Powerlifting 2 template.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Thanks, Chas! I think my squat and deadlift will probably be less than what I lifted at my last real meet but I'm hoping my bench will be a bit higher than my last few meets.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Go get you some!!!

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 13 day 2

Worked up to the openers in the squat and bench for my at-home meet on Saturday:

Squat with belt: [email protected]

Bench: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    400lbs for 1...LET'S DO THIS
    I'm in! With a nice stretch of uninterrupted training I would like to hit that by early next summer. I won't be traveling at all for work so it might just be doable.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    Now I'm extra-motivated to drop to a lower weight class:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWesA5A...d=ocru6e6mjpl6
    705 lbs for a triple!
    400lbs for 1...LET'S DO THIS

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 13 day on the Strength 1 template. This would be a meet week so the volume will be very low. Saturday I'll test my one rep max for each of the 3 big lifts.

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 295x3x1.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 221.25x2x2

Deadlift, no belt: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X