Codger's Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gymdad150 View Post
    I'm such a "motor moron", I'd be taking my life in my hands going reverse grip on the Bench

My money is on the yoga for your miss.
    The reverse-grip bench definitely feels odd. I think the biggest adjustment was positioning myself to efficiently and safely unrack the bar.

I might ease up on the yoga--I've been doing it every evening for 40 minutes or so. Maybe 3 or 4 times a week would be better.

Comment

• Week 7 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to five minutes rest.

Feet-up bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 150x8x1. Three to four minutes rest.

DB lunge: 97.5 (total)[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 105x6x1. Three minutes rest.

Comment

• Week 7 day 3

High bar squat, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 222.5x8x1. Three to four minutes rest.

Chest-supported DB row: 100 (total weight)[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 107.5x8x1. Three to four mninutes rest.

Lat pull-down: 1[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 115x8x1. Three to four minutes rest.

Another hot day in the garage--well over 90. Really need to get out there earlier this time of year. Did my usual GPP yesterday (I do it twice a week): snatch-grip high pulls; hammer curls; DB skull crushers; abs, and 40 minutes of mixed running and walking. Tonight I think I'll try another vinyasa yoga session--it's tough but feels really good at the end!

My weight is holding steady at around 177, waist at 31 inches, which is about as slim as I want to get.

Comment

• Week 7 day 4

Reverse grip bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Close-grip bench with mini-bands: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 102.5x8x1. Three to four minutes rest.

Push press; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

And that's a wrap for the RTS hypertrophy program. Maybe I'm slightly larger? Hard to tell. Next week I'll start another RTS template, a powerbuilding program, which looks like it has lots of volume.

Comment

• Starting another program with Reactive Training Systems: 8 weeks of powerbuilding, a hybrid bodybuilding/powerlifting cycle.

Week 1 day 1

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 217.5x5x6. 90 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 160x5x6. 60 to 80 seconds rest. After finishing the workout I looked at the template and realized I was supposed to do 8 sets at 160 instead of 6.

Press, no belt: [email protected] (amrap set); [email protected] Three minutes rest.

The template specifies "minimal rest" between all sets. I was able to keep the rest below two minutes for the squats and benches, and tried resting 90 seconds after the first set of presses, but realized I would never hit 12 reps for all the sets without resting a bit more.

Comment

• Week 1 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; 325x5x6. Two to three minutes rest.

Slingshot bench: [email protected]; 205x3x6. 60 to 90 seconds rest.

Belt squat: [email protected]; 245x12x2. Two minutes rest.

Comment

• Minimal Rest

Not something I want to contemplate when training.

31 inch waist ...damnnn Tim! You'll be heading out for Mr. Olympia if you keep that up!

Comment

• 31 inch waist
                  ...damnnn Tim! You'll be heading out for Mr. Olympia if you keep that up!
                  Maybe if I were carrying 30 or 40 more pounds of muscle...I'm a measly 176 or 177 now.

Comment

• Week 1 day 3

Low-pin squat, no belt: [email protected]; 255x3x6. Two minutes rest.

Low-pin incline bench: [email protected]; 135x3x6. 90 seconds rest.

DB bench: 150 (total weight) [email protected]; 125x12x4. Three minutes rest.

I'm enjoying these first few days of the RTS powerbuilding program. Each workout starts with a couple of low-rep sets at RPE 8 to gauge your strength for the day. Then you drop the weight by 10 to 15 percent for the volume work that follows.

Comment

• Week 1 day 4

Two-count paused deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; 351.25x3x4. 60 to 90 seconds rest.

Touch and go bench: [email protected]; 170x5x6. 60 to 90 seconds rest. I thought 207.5 for 4 reps would feel like an 8. Not today.

Snatch grip RDL: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] 60 to 90 seconds rest. I used straps for the last 2 sets.

Comment

• Week 2 day 1 on the RTS Powerbuilding program

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 247.5x3x6. 60 to 70 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 177.5x3x8. 60 seconds rest.

Close-grip floor press: [email protected] (amrap set); 135x12x4. Two to three minutes rest.

Comment

• Week 2 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; 365x3x6. Two minutes rest.

Two-board bench: [email protected]; 215x2x5. 60 to 70 seconds rest.

Close-stance high-bar squat: [email protected]; 196.25x12x2. Two to three minutes rest. Phew, I was breathing pretty hard during these sets in my hot garage.

Comment

• Week 2 day 3

Safety bar squat, no belt: [email protected]; 233.75x2x5. 60 seconds rest.

Low-pin bench: [email protected]; 202.5x2x5. 90 seconds rest.

DB flies: 95x14x1 (amrap set); 85x12x4. 90 seconds rest.

I was expecting to do 230 on the bench today. My 1RM strength seems to fade quickly when I'm not following a strength-specific program, but sheesh...I'll stay on this program for another couple of weeks to see how it goes. If my numbers don't improve I might have to switch things up. Or just do a bodybuilding template for fun.

Comment

• Week 2 day 4

Two-inch deficit deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; 357.5x2x3. Two minutes rest.

Close-grip bench: [email protected]; 172.5x3x6. 40 to 60 seconds rest.

RDL with straps: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two minutes rest.

Comment

• Week 3 day 1 on the RTS powerbuilding template

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 272.5x2x5. 40 to 60 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 193.75x2x7. 30 to 40 seconds rest.

3-board close-grip bench: 172.5x13x1 (amrap set); 152.5x12x4. Two to three minutes rest.

Felt good today, fresh and well rested.

Comment

Working...
                                X