X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 6 day 4

High incline bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Lever row: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest. I overshot these a bit. The RPEs were supposed to be 6, 7, and 8 for the three sets.

Low-incline close-grip bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Upright row: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Weighted dips: [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 6 day 3

Deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Two-count paused bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Belt squat: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Cable leg curl: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

One-arm able concentration curl: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Body weight is a bit under 175 first thing in the morning; up to 177 in the afternoon after my workout.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 6 day 2

Paused bench: [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Two-count paused squat: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

JM press: [email protected]? [email protected]? [email protected]? Two minutes rest. First time doing these and I don't much care for them. I think I'll switch to landmine presses for this slot.

DB lateral raise: 15 (each DB) [email protected]; [email protected] Two minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Squat with belt: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Close-grip bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Two-count paused deadlift with straps: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

Cable leg extension: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Cable curl: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• mjwurtz
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post

Gallup is a quirky place, lots of high desert beauty but also a bit rough around the edges. A friend of mine here in town just published a book about Gallup which I'm looking forward to reading. Part of the book is about a tragic event in 1973 in which a 19-year-old Navajo man took the mayor of Gallup hostage.
    And we in the FBI remember Pine Ridge in 1973 as well - those were wild times.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Originally posted by mjwurtz View Post
    I'm a former FBI Agent and was stationed in Phoenix at one time 1996-2003. The Phoenix and Albuquerque field offices shared Reservation work in Gallup - each office had to contribute two agents a piece for that work. It was considered a hardship tour and nobody wanted to do it. Not because it was in Gallup, but because of the nature of the crimes committed on the reservation. I also traveled to Gallup a few times because many of the Hopi artifacts offered for sale in Scottsdale were actually Navajo knock offs from the Gallup area and the people selling them were bad guys.

I haven't been to Santa Fe in a long time - maybe ill run up there.
    Gallup is a quirky place, lots of high desert beauty but also a bit rough around the edges. A friend of mine here in town just published a book about Gallup which I'm looking forward to reading. Part of the book is about a tragic event in 1973 in which a 19-year-old Navajo man took the mayor of Gallup hostage.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 5 day 4

Press no belt: [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Pendlay row: [email protected] Three minutes rest.

DB bench: 65 (each DB) [email protected]; [email protected] Three minutes rest.

DB shrug: 92.5 (each) [email protected] Two to to three minutes rest.

Weighted dips: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• mjwurtz
    replied
    I'm a former FBI Agent and was stationed in Phoenix at one time 1996-2003. The Phoenix and Albuquerque field offices shared Reservation work in Gallup - each office had to contribute two agents a piece for that work. It was considered a hardship tour and nobody wanted to do it. Not because it was in Gallup, but because of the nature of the crimes committed on the reservation. I also traveled to Gallup a few times because many of the Hopi artifacts offered for sale in Scottsdale were actually Navajo knock offs from the Gallup area and the people selling them were bad guys.

I haven't been to Santa Fe in a long time - maybe ill run up there.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Nice to see a fellow New Mexican here! I'm in Gallup, about a two hour drive west of Albuquerque. My first meet was a NASA event here in Gallup several years ago. It was fun but it lasted all day, from like 8 am until 7 pm. The USAPL meets I've attended have been better organized. But...as of several months ago, the USAPL is no longer recognized by the International Powerlifting Federation. So there's now a new IPF-recognized organization called Powerlifting America: https://powerlifting-america.com/
    They're having a meet in Santa Fe on June 25 which I'm training for now, pandemic permitting. Here's a link to that event: https://powerlifting-america.com/eve...5B0%5D=507-876

it looks like the USAPL has a lot of upcoming meets in Texas: https://www.usapowerlifting.com/cale..._submit=Search

I've really enjoyed all the USAPL meets I've competed in. Great people, lots of support and encouragement. And the new Powerlifting America Federation meet in Santa Fe is being organized by former USAPL people. Maybe I'll see you there!
    Last edited by codgerus maximus; 04-23-2022, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mjwurtz
    replied
    Originally posted by codgerus maximus View Post
    Time for a fresh start. I've been posting at Starting Strength for a couple of years but I'm planning to follow one of Jordan's templates so I thought it would be a good idea to jump to these forums. I'm a masters 3 lifter with one USAPL meet under my belt--last March in Albuquerque. As the only competitor in my age and weight class at that meet I managed to steal a medal with a .
    I just saw your inaugural post and noticed you competed in Albuquerque. I live in Las Cruces, NM about 230 miles straight south near El Paso, Texas and the Mexican border. I have only competed a handful of times and always with NASA as they have meets in Roswell which is about a 3 hour drive from here. Albuquerque is about the same distance in time on the road. Does USAPL have meets in Albuquerque every year? Do you happen to know if they have meets in El Paso, Texas area? Do you always compete in USAPL and do you recommend that Federation?

Sorry for all the Newb questions!

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 5 day 3

Deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected] Four minutes rest.

Slingshot bench: [email protected] Four minutes rest.

Bulgarian split squat with 30 DBs: [email protected]; x10x3. Two to three minutes rest.

Cable leg curl: [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

One-arm concentration cable curl: [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 5 day 2

Paused bench: [email protected] Three to five minutes rest.

SSB, no belt: [email protected] Four to five minutes rest.

DB press: 46.25 (each) [email protected]; 43.75x12x2. Two to three minutes rest.

DB fly: 42.5 (each) [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Cable curl: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 5 day 1 on Power building 3

Squat, no belt: [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Floor press: [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Mid-shin rack pull with straps: [email protected]; 315x6x2. Three minutes rest.

Cable leg extension: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 4 day 4

Got my second Covid booster this morning; started to feel its effects during my afternoon workout so I scaled back just a bit.

Press, no belt: [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Pendlay row: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

DB bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

DB shrug: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Body weight dips: 12x4. Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 4 day 3

Deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Slingshot bench: [email protected] Three to four minutes rest. I bought a new slingshot recently--I had to size down since I'm 30 pounds lighter than when I bought my original red slingshot. The new one is the blue "reactive" slingshot, a bit less stiff, so I had to drop the weight by about 5 pounds.

Bulgarian split squat with 30 pound DBs: [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Cable leg curl: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

One-arm cable concentration curl: [email protected] Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X