• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Originally posted by gymdad150 View Post
    How are liking this new program?

Do you feel like it will work on the platform come meet day?
    I'm enjoying the program though my numbers have been a bit inconsistent. I think my body is starting to adapt to the new training--short rests, etc. I decided not to enter the New Mexico meet. I've been nursing a sore right elbow and and left shoulder and they're just starting to feel better so I thought I'd give them more time to heal and focus on powerbuilding/hypertrophy for a while and avoid singles above RPE 8. In the fall my plan is to start one of the RTS meet-prep programs and see how that goes.

Maybe by early winter I'll be ready for a meet. At some point I'd like to work with a trainer, either with one of the BBM crew or with RTS. Or maybe drive to Albuquerque once a month to work with a great lifter there named Carlos Santoliquido: https://www.openpowerlifting.org/u/carlossantoliquido He placed second in the Raw Master's Nationals in Daytona and he took first place in Spokane in 2018.

Looks like your training is coming along nicely!

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    How are liking this new program?

Do you feel like it will work on the platform come meet day?

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 3 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; 395x2x5. 90 to 120 seconds rest.

Floor press: [email protected]; 172.5x5x6; 60 seconds rest.

High bar squat: [email protected] amrap; 185x12x2. Three minutes rest. The first set left me gasping for air for two minutes. Is there an RPE 12? So instead of doing 196.25 for the last two sets I dropped the weight to 185. I think 210 would have been a better choice for the first set.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 3 day 1 on the RTS powerbuilding template

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 272.5x2x5. 40 to 60 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 193.75x2x7. 30 to 40 seconds rest.

3-board close-grip bench: 172.5x13x1 (amrap set); 152.5x12x4. Two to three minutes rest.

Felt good today, fresh and well rested.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 2 day 4

Two-inch deficit deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; 357.5x2x3. Two minutes rest.

Close-grip bench: [email protected]; 172.5x3x6. 40 to 60 seconds rest.

RDL with straps: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Two minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 2 day 3

Safety bar squat, no belt: [email protected]; 233.75x2x5. 60 seconds rest.

Low-pin bench: [email protected]; 202.5x2x5. 90 seconds rest.

DB flies: 95x14x1 (amrap set); 85x12x4. 90 seconds rest.

I was expecting to do 230 on the bench today. My 1RM strength seems to fade quickly when I'm not following a strength-specific program, but sheesh...I'll stay on this program for another couple of weeks to see how it goes. If my numbers don't improve I might have to switch things up. Or just do a bodybuilding template for fun.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 2 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; 365x3x6. Two minutes rest.

Two-board bench: [email protected]; 215x2x5. 60 to 70 seconds rest.

Close-stance high-bar squat: [email protected]; 196.25x12x2. Two to three minutes rest. Phew, I was breathing pretty hard during these sets in my hot garage.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 2 day 1 on the RTS Powerbuilding program

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 247.5x3x6. 60 to 70 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 177.5x3x8. 60 seconds rest.

Close-grip floor press: [email protected] (amrap set); 135x12x4. Two to three minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 4

Two-count paused deadlift, no belt: [email protected]; 351.25x3x4. 60 to 90 seconds rest.

Touch and go bench: [email protected]; 170x5x6. 60 to 90 seconds rest. I thought 207.5 for 4 reps would feel like an 8. Not today.

Snatch grip RDL: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] 60 to 90 seconds rest. I used straps for the last 2 sets.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 3

Low-pin squat, no belt: [email protected]; 255x3x6. Two minutes rest.

Low-pin incline bench: [email protected]; 135x3x6. 90 seconds rest.

DB bench: 150 (total weight) [email protected]; 125x12x4. Three minutes rest.

I'm enjoying these first few days of the RTS powerbuilding program. Each workout starts with a couple of low-rep sets at RPE 8 to gauge your strength for the day. Then you drop the weight by 10 to 15 percent for the volume work that follows.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    31 inch waist
    ...damnnn Tim! You'll be heading out for Mr. Olympia if you keep that up!
    Maybe if I were carrying 30 or 40 more pounds of muscle...I'm a measly 176 or 177 now.

Leave a comment:

• gymdad150

• gymdad150
    replied
    Minimal Rest

Not something I want to contemplate when training.

31 inch waist ...damnnn Tim! You'll be heading out for Mr. Olympia if you keep that up!

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 1 day 2

Deadlift with belt: [email protected]; 325x5x6. Two to three minutes rest.

Slingshot bench: [email protected]; 205x3x6. 60 to 90 seconds rest.

Belt squat: [email protected]; 245x12x2. Two minutes rest.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Starting another program with Reactive Training Systems: 8 weeks of powerbuilding, a hybrid bodybuilding/powerlifting cycle.

Week 1 day 1

Squat with belt: [email protected]; 217.5x5x6. 90 seconds rest.

Comp bench: [email protected]; 160x5x6. 60 to 80 seconds rest. After finishing the workout I looked at the template and realized I was supposed to do 8 sets at 160 instead of 6.

Press, no belt: [email protected] (amrap set); [email protected] Three minutes rest.

The template specifies "minimal rest" between all sets. I was able to keep the rest below two minutes for the squats and benches, and tried resting 90 seconds after the first set of presses, but realized I would never hit 12 reps for all the sets without resting a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• codgerus maximus

• codgerus maximus
    replied
    Week 7 day 4

Reverse grip bench: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

Close-grip bench with mini-bands: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 102.5x8x1. Three to four minutes rest.

Push press; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] Three to four minutes rest.

And that's a wrap for the RTS hypertrophy program. Maybe I'm slightly larger? Hard to tell. Next week I'll start another RTS template, a powerbuilding program, which looks like it has lots of volume.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X