Haydukk's training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haydukk's training journal

I'll be posting about once a week here about my training. I've just started the Bridge v3.0 this week, after a 6 month novice phase.
    Current stats: 20 y/o, 173cm height, 75kg bodyweight. 5RMs: Squat: 105kg, Deadlift 120kg, Bench 70kg, Press 45kg.
    Some short term goals: 5x120kg squat and 5 x 3 plate deadlift.

Week 1
    Day 1 - Monday 27 May
    Squat with belt [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Paused bench [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Paused dl [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Notes: Paused deadlifts were unpredictably hard, I undershot the first sets RPE and overshot the last one. My midback rounds during these so I have to take extra care doing them.
    Also I'm doing squats highbar, since I get a ton of elbow pain with low bar and the bar feels like it is constantly sliding down my back. I've tried to work on taking a good grip lowbar style but it just didn't budge. I still get a tiny bit of pain in my left elbow even using highbar if I'm not paying attention to my grip during the last reps.

Day 2 - Wednesday 29 May
    Paused squat (beltless) [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Note: after looking at the video of the last set, I definitely could have done 4 reps and I think 5 would have been at RPE 9.5
    OHP with belt [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Note: I'm doing multiple reps per breath and breathing at the top of the rep, at lockout, and using the stretch reflex at the bottom, bouncing the bar
    Barbell row [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Notes: Paused squats feel pretty good, I can definitely up the weight next time. OHP without resting at the top/bouncing the bar really lowers the weight that I can put on the bar. Rows feel awkward, I get fatigued in my arms/low back/legs before I feel anything in my upper back. Will have to look at a few videos to improve form.

Day 3 - Saturday 1 June
    Deadlift (beltless, straps) [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Note: bailed on last rep of last set. Mid-back rounding a lot, will have to lower weight and keep back more rigid.
    Incline bench [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Note: RPE felt on point here
    Leg press [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Note: need to hit better depth here

GPP: leg raises 7 min, db curls 10kg 3x12, pullups with straps amrap 7 min, tricep pushdown with rope 3x12 - gave elbow pain

Weekly notes: RPE feels hard to judge. I noticed I tend to rate it during the set, even though I try to ignore it and think about it only after I finish the set.
    Also, I skipped out on the cardio and some gpp work, didn't manage to fit it in my schedule but will do better work next time.

Comment

Working...
    X