No announcement yet.

The Glide Board Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one of my better days of exercise in any venue. Sluggish, my back hurts. My work mate worked out with me. That was great, but I pretty much sucked.

I did the recumbent for a few minutes on level 15. It felt like I was trying to ride through mud. Then I did:

Level 5 Squats: 1x30
    Level 5 Squats + 40 lbs: 1x50
    Level 4 Shoulder Press: 3x15, 1x10
    Level 4 Pull Overs: 4x10
    Level 3 Inverted Lateral Raise: 4x10
    Level 4 Pull Downs: 4x15
    Level 5 Seated Row: 4x15

I had labs done last week. The found my one and only kidney is slowing down. Earlier today I went and watched RoadRunner. Great biopic, but I drank a tanker of Mt. Dew. My kidney sped up.
    Last edited by JonZ; 09-07-2021, 11:14 PM.
    The world needs fewer business majors and more history majors. - Carl Sagan

Comment

I thought today was Friday. About 9:15 I realized it was not, it was Saturday. So put in a shorter effort, but I made an effort.

Level 5 Squats: 1x170
      Level 5 Dips: 5x15
      Level 5 Pull Downs: 5x15

Wednesday, after using the weight discs, I had lower back pain. Today I just went with the body weight doing the squats and did a lot of reps.

Comment

We have been out of town. Now we are back in town. Today was a "welcome back" workout. It felt good. One nice thing about living at 5000 ft, when I return home to 300 ft (above sea level), I do not get winded.

Well, here is today's offering:

August 12, 2021

Cyclo Trainer Level 12: 5 mins

Level 5 Deep Knee Bends: 3x30

Level 4 Pull Ups: 4x10

Level 4 Dips: 4x15

Level 4 Pull overs: 3x10

As a side note I have been having "breakthrough pain", where it usually occurs, on my lower right side. Then while traveling on Tuesday, the sciatica kicked in. That made the Ogden to the Gates of Yellowstone stretch seem much longer.

But, today is good, the post workout feel is good. See you Saturday!

Comment

August 14, 2021

Level 5 One Legged Squat: 5x10
          Super Set Two Leg Squat: 5x10

Level 5 Shoulder Press: 3x10

Level 3 Pull Down: 4x15

Short, hopefully effective. See you Tuesday.

I am seeing what appears to be a reduction in my session time in regards to the increase in my blood pressure meds. I do believe that has not hit its "happy medium". The med need to be readjusted. On to Tuesday.
          ​​​

Comment

August 19, 2021

6:00 AM

Level 5 Squats: 1x100
            Level 3 Inverted Lateral Raise: 3x10
            Level 4 Pull Overs: 4x15
            Level 4 Seated Row: 4x15
            Level 4 Inverted Curls: 4x12

I should have upped Seated Rows to Level 5, as well as pull downs. At 6:00 AM I was not paying much attention.

Comment

September 1, 2021

Recumbent Level 10/ 10 minutes
              Level 4 Squats: 3x50
              Level 4 Pull Ups: 3x15
              Level 5 Seated Row: 4x10
              Level 3 Inverted Curls: 4x15

About an hour this evening, 8 to 9. Then piano, 9 to 10. The glide board and piano are becoming my mindfulness. Even Fur Elise sounded good.

The visit to the neurosurgeon on the 26th went well. Although he has moved my checkups from yearly to biannual. When I first started seeing him he was easy going, laid back in regards to my lower spinal issues, but last year, this last month he has shown much more concern. But right now, status quo. Of course the next day I went for a walk and at about a half mile the pain, even with my neoroblocker and 30 mg of morphine sr, became a challenge of mind over break through pain. But Monday's and today's glide board sessions have been good.

Well see you Friday.

Comment

September 3, 2021

Cyclo Trainer: Level 10/20 Mins
                Level 4 Squats: 1x150
                Level 4 Shoulder Press: 3x15
                Level 3 Inverted Lateral Raise: 4x10
                Level 2 Lateral Push Down: 3x10
                Level 4 Lat/Bicep Pull Down: 4x15

I lost count on the squats. I might of done 200 but I was listening to Joe Rogan talking to Lennox Lewis about Mike Tyson. Interesting. I thought the recumbent (Cyclo Trainer) would pre exhaust my legs a bit. But no, my legs, with the first rep, I knew were ready to go.

The Lateral Push Down is new to me, so Level 2 felt comfortable for my shoulde

Comment

Yesterday was the date on the calendar I had set up for my workout. But as early afternoon rolled in I kept feeling worse, and worse and... You know, the day you feel like you have been hit by a Cadillac.

Well, I wandered upstairs at 9:00 PM finally, looked in my pill holder, and behold, I had not taken my meds. Yea me. So I did then went to bed.

My eyes popped open this morning at about 3:45, and I figured I might as well get up and make up for lost time.

AM is not my favorite time to workout, and by the time I got into our new exercise room, it was 4:00.

I started with:

Level 5 Deep Knee Bends. I think the angle of the incline is about 18.5%. I forget what that reduces my body weight to, but it is not impressive.

Level 5 Deep Knee Bends: 1x100 (or there about)
                  Level 3 Inverted Lateral Raises: 4x10
                  Level 5 Seated Row: 4x15
                  Level 5 Lat/Bicep Pull Down: 4x15

My co-worker has crapped out on me. It's all good.

I am about ready to move to the next level for squats, deep knee bends, what ever we call them in my situation. The question then becomes, I have reached the top level, I can't spend an afternoon squatting, how can I get meaningful resistance? Any shoulder bearing exercise is out. I told the neurosurgeon I had added weights to the bottom of the glide board, that made his face twist up. Bands might be my option.

Thursday!

​​​

Comment

09.I'm11.2021

Cyclo Trainer Level 9: 21 Mins
                    Level 5 Deep Knee Bends: 2x50
                    Level 5 Shoulder Press: 4x10
                    Level 3 Inverted Lateral Raise: 4x12
                    Level 4 Pull Over: 4x12
                    Level 5 Lat/Biceps Pull Down: 4x15
                    Level 3 Inverted Biceps Curls: 1x25, 1x10
                    ^^^ I tried the blood flow restriction. I should have lowered to Level 2. Regardless, nice pump. I will know better next time.

Good workout. Much better than the other two earlier this week. And, actually, it clouded over Thursday evening and rained Friday evening. Amazing what scrubbing the air can do.

Since I believe I am restarting Wing Chun this Tuesday, see you Monday!

Comment

4:45AM

Not being a gym rat certainly applied for this last week.

Anyway, this morning:

Level 6 Deep Knee Bends: 3x30

Then something new:

Blood Flow Restriction

Level 4 Lat Pull Down/Biceps Curl: 1x30, 2x15
                      Level 2 Inverted Curls: 1x30, 1x15

After the pull downs the curls, even at the lower incline were rough.

Back to no BFR:

Level 3 Skull Crushers: 4x10 (I think, maybe 3 sets)
                      Level 6 World Famous Decline Sit Ups: 1x20

The straps do what people claim they do, give a good pump once you release them. Although, I see set and rep schemes on-line, I wonder how often people work them in? I am not sure every workout is for me, but I gave them a whirl this morning because it had been a full week since I had last exercised. I might try inverted curls and skull crushers in a super set on Saturday.

See you Thursday!

Comment

09-25-21 05:30 PM - Post#913557

9:45 AM

Level 6 Deep Knee Bends: 2x50

Level 6 Dips: 5x10

BFR Level 5 Lat Pull Down/Biceps Curl: 1x30, 2x15

Level 6 Decline Sit Ups: 1x25

After three days off I felt rested. The BFR is different, not bad, just different. Certainly it (BFR) provides quite a pump. After the palms facing in pull downs I did not believe anymore biceps work was needed.

Everyone have a good remainder of your weekend.

Good Morning,

Level 5 Deep Knee Bends: 1x100

Level 3 Lateral Raise: 4x10

Level 6 Seated Row: 4x10

Level 3 Inverted Curls: 4x15

Level 6 Decline Sit Up: 1x25

See you Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                        X