Replacing chicken with veggie burgers

My girlfriend is a vegetarian for ethical reasons. So we look for new, healthy protein sources quite frequently.
Today we found a new brand of vegetarian burgers in our local shop. The macro-nutrient content looks quite interesting.
Fat: 10% (1.4% saturated)
Carbs: 5.9% (3.9% sugar)
Fiber: 2.8%
Protein: 21%
(salt: 2.2% ; B12: 0.65µg/100g ; Iron: 9mg/100g)

Ingredients: 50% vegetable mixture (onion, carrots, red paprika, peas, mais, mushrooms), water, vegetable protein (soy, wheat, peas), textured soy-flower, corn oil, egg-white protein, … spices

I was thinking about replacing some meals where I eat chicken with these burgers. (not planning on becoming a vegetarian myself)
Since the amount of protein is comparable with what you find in chicken, could I just go for the same weight of these burgers or would you add a little since these are plant-based proteins?
If you would eat more: how much more?
Best thing about these burgers: These are cheaper than chicken! :sunglasses:

I am not sure why you posted the percentages rather than the macros here, but in any event this kind of looks like trash to me from a protein/calorie standpoint.

Yes, they’re cheaper than chicken because of more subsidized industries participating here.

% laziness: % is shorter than /100g.:o
Not sure why you think this is so bad from a protein/calorie standpoint.
These contain about the same amount of protein then chicken. Yes chicken will likely have a better amino profile. I didn’t expect you to respond this would most likely be absolute trash. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I think that the concentration of essential amino acids and bioavailability of those amino acids per calorie is much worse in these “veggie burgers” than chicken. I don’t particularly care if you eat them or not, but I wouldn’t recommend that you do under the guise of being “healthy” or eating something equivalent to chicken.

OK, that a more clear answer. Thank you.

Well, I would only replace the chicken by about double the amount of these burgers.
Last time I used them I made a cheese burger. So I added plenty of cheese to get some extra dairy based protein with the vegetable based ones.

Sure so double the calories if you only changed the patty and doesn’t it seem strange to add cheese to a veggie burger?